User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2002 4:57:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Who lost it in the 1st place?[:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a constitution?

I debated a judge in Texas once. It was at a county fair, and he was running for re-election.

He picked me out of the crowd and ask me what I thought the supreme courts job was, and I told him it was to ensure that the laws pass by the congress and signed by the president were constitutional.

Then he told me that it was the supreme courts job to interpret the constitution, and I told him it was not the supreme courts job to determine if the constitution was constitutional, but to determine if the laws passed by our government were constitutional!

Then he used what I told him in an add, and won re-election! The bum was a democrat!
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Judge Fleet is the "Dirty Harry" of the Judicial System

He's the same judge who did this:

[b]In 1992, Broward Circuit Judge J. Leonard Fleet responded to an attack from a defendant [u]in his courtroom[/u] by pulling out his .38-caliber revolver and muttering back, [red]'There's one bullet in the cylinder. Do you want to take your best shot? If you're going to take a shot, you better score, because I don't miss.'[/red]

The Florida State Supreme Court issued a tough-worded reprimand but at the next election Judge Fleet ran unopposed.[/b]

Our nation needs more Judge Fleets!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]

The law, which Gov. Jeb Bush signed in March...violates the Florida Constitution and the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
View Quote

Jeb Bush for President!
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top