Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2001 2:36:50 AM EDT
Does anyone know if model 500 barrels can be used on 590s?Also does the tube extention for the 500 work on the 590?
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
No the barrels and mags are diffrent on 500 & 590's
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, there's no such thing as a magazine tube extension for a Mossberg 500, so let me answer this a different way.
The 5-shot Moss 500, the 8-shot Moss 500, the short 590 and the long 590 ALL have interchangeable barrels and magazine tubes, but you MUST change [b]both the barrel and magazine tube[/b] for it to work.
Example: My 8-shot Mossberg 500 began life as a 5-shot 500. A buddy of mine wanted a 5-shot also, so I paid the difference in price and he bought the 8-shot one. I then swapped the barrels, magazine tubes, and magazine springs. I also swapped mag followers, but that was unnecessary. Then I had the 8-shot and he had the 5-shot, but we both kept our respective receivers and serial numbers.
In the same way, the 590 parts can go on a 500, and vice versa. You just have to change the whole front end, since the 500 and 590 barrels attach differently.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top