Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2001 12:53:08 PM EDT
Just wondering what AR15.com means to you?

Has it improved or ruined your life?
Can you live without it?

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll go first.

It has improved my life very much.  I have learnded a great deal about guns with the help of some super members.
Met some great folks.

Has ruined my work life.  I can't work without checking in on AR15.com every ten minutes.

No I can't live without it.
The for sale forum is more addictive than crack.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ar-15.com has been an enjoyment to me. I have made e-mail contacts which have been very inforative. It can, ifb not keep in it's place take alot of time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A- arrogant
R- rich bastards
1- 1 agent provocateur for every 10 people
5- 5-0 as in lots of feds
c- chastizing
o- overbearing
m- monsters

I still love you all though.

That is all I can think of right now. I will get back to you if I come up with anything else.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
#1 Improvede #2 Why would you want to. #3 Where else can you get this kind of abuse. #4 I would of never known just how bad my typing and English skills are if it weren't for this site.#5 Some of the funniest shit I've ever heard of comes from here too. #6 No English teachers were killed or held hostage while typing this.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
What does AR15.com mean to me? It is a place where people come together to discuss the AR15.[8D] There is a wealth of knowledge on the boards. I enjoy it every day. I don't think I could live without it. I love to go to a local gunshow and "price" items and the come home to see what I can get it for on the "For Sale" boards. This is a great site! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
FREEDOM!, DOES THAT SOUND CORNEY OR WHAT?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
AR-15.com makes me feel like I am not a weirdo, for my interest and passion in firearms, espeacially the AR-15.  No one I know in my small town that that I know personally is passionate about firearms.  Many love to hunt and many are passionate about hunting, but the guns are just tools to them.  Even my friends think I'm strange and on the "outer fringe".  This sight kinda makes me feel normal.  Thankyou AR15.com,
guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]

We should thank ED for making this happen.

thanks Ed[:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Ed [beer]
This Place is like CHEERS AND I'AM NORM
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]THANKS Ed![/b] [beer] [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
AR15.com represents all that is good and right with this world.  Peace, hope and prosperity emanate from the joyful posts.  Time stands still while I browse these hallowed bytes.  AR15.com, you've made me a better person!

I love you guys. [:)]

It's just a damn good thing that I work from home and I own the "network".
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Normal Hahahahahaha. You all, are about the most twisted psycho people in the world I havent seen normal on this forum yet!

Have to keep this short so I can check the other threads.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Kindred spirits.

Source of gun info.

Source of gun rights info.

A place to vent, rant, sermonize and hypothesize.

A place to brag about my kool stuff.

And to lust after other peoples kool stuff.

What more could you want from a site???

thanks ed - you da bomb, man!!!!
[grenade]

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
A formerly great site.

The new site is too slow and the content is pretty substandard. certainly doesnt live up to its namesake.

Since the move I have found frugals, Ak-47.net & Assualt Web all to be more educational sites.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#16]
AR15.com is like a church for gun owners. It's a gathering place for people of like minds to share similiar interests in guns, ask for help, give advice, tell everyone about a good day you had or just cry out to friends when something in life is bothering you. It doesn't even have to be firearms related.
If Ed and the rest decided they couldn't keep up the site anymore, unless somebody else took over and kept up the site, I would feel like I lost I lot of friends.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#17]
all of the above, showed me their are people who know/care about this stuff like i do. also a sense of community.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#18]
it's a good way to past the time( between trips to the range) with people that have the same interests
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A formerly great site.

The new site is too slow and the content is pretty substandard. certainly doesnt live up to its namesake.

Since the move I have found frugals, Ak-47.net & Assualt Web all to be more educational sites.
View Quote

Hey - I've got a solution that will make EVERYONE happy. If we're so bad, then don't come back here anymore.

You won't have to put up with our "substandard" content, and we won't have to put up with your sanctimonious, belittling, arrogant, condescending attitude.

I always gotta let out a little laugh of pity for people whose only contribution to a site is to bad mouth it.

don't let the door hit ya......
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoah easy Cowboy!

I hope you know I was poking fun.

I love this place.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
One of the last holdouts of mostly normal people. If only we were not the exception to the rule.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Yo mindhunter

I think it was directed towards AR15fan.

I have no problem with people expressing how they feel.  

That is our right.
Some folks just lack tact.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A formerly great site.

View Quote

Hey - I've got a solution that will make EVERYONE happy. If we're so bad, then don't come back here anymore.

You won't have to put up with our "substandard" content, and we won't have to put up with your sanctimonious, belittling, arrogant, condescending attitude.

I always gotta let out a little laugh of pity for people whose only contribution to a site is to bad mouth it.

View Quote

This always gets me too if it's so bad then why are you still here GTFO simple
                      EHUU
                      TECT
                        K
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Copy that akira.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]
[size=3]VIP to me.  Learned what I needed about AR's, met shooting buddies, found a place to talk with like minded folks.

This means we should all be contributing (financially) to continue this board!

I'm guilty as the next guy for not contributing.  I did add $5 to the SERVER pot with my LEGP rifle purchase, so that's a start.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I sense a group hug coming...

It's certainly changed since the move, or maybe I have.  Doesn't have the same pull for me as it used to, but interestingly enough, I still check in daily.  Hope springs eternal, eh!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll tell you why i like it here.               [list=1][*]1)owners who care about the site[/*][*]2)mods who patrol the trolls[/*][*]3)fellow members who are more then happy to answer newbie(and oldbie) questions. without the need to flame and/or put down.[/*][*]4)the misadventures of Mcuzi[/*][/list=1] .the two main sites i go to other then here[*]1)still has great info but has become so infested with a type of troll that mankind has yet to find a cure for it.[/*][*]2)is so self-rightous that i'm concerned for the mental well being of some of it's members.[/*].mmk
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm a learnin' a lot here. Still pretty new though, so I'm not sure who here are the real kook's, who are occasional kooks, and who ---- aw hell, we're all kooks each in our own way!

As to new site vs old site -- I have made all my posts to new site.  I find the site is fast enough, the colors are appropriate, the fonts are crisp and attractive, very readable. Enough traffic for quick responses.

All in all one of the finest web boards I've come accross.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#29]
While not that amped on AR's (more into Battle Rifles) I enjoy the camaraderie, the people, and the conversations on this site more so than any other!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll go first.

It has improved my life very much.  I have learnded a great deal about guns with the help of some super members.
Met some great folks.

Has ruined my work life.  I can't work without checking in on AR15.com every ten minutes.

The for sale forum is more addictive than crack.[:)]
View Quote

I couldn't have put any better myself, especially the last three lines!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
[:)]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll go first.

Met some great folks.

[b]The for sale forum is more addictive than crack.[/b][:)]
View Quote

How do you know how additive crack is ?
LOL [spank]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]
It's a haven.

It's a gunsmith's shop, a well stocked firearms store, bar, a well-thumbed reference library and a comedy club where just about everyone takes a turn at standup.

Old stories and new ones are shared, guns, women, dogs, war, cars, computers, comedy and life are the topic of the evening.

Fierce debate and cussin' break out ocaisionally, balanced by the rest of the board's mellowness and cameraderie.

Every so often the Mall Ninja or McUzi attacks with some nonsense or ridiculousness.

People break down and show the softer sides of their soul to the board members.

It's a family and a team,with squabbles, grudges and favors, a nightly reminder that some patriot has your six.

In the end, it's a brotherhood, saints and sinners alike, meeting, greeting and sharing. The monastery of True Believers in the AR15 family of rifles-and in so much more.

It's my home on the web.

That's what AR15.com means to me.

'Scuse me, I've got something in my eye...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A formerly great site.

View Quote

Well, you finally showed!  Too bad it came in on a low note.  Ah, well....

This site, really, saved my hope for America.  I too miss the old board, as AR15fan pointed out so bluntly, but I can't leave this one either.  

garandman has it right, you people are kindred spirits, and coming here really gets my spirits up after a bad day.  I hope too meet at least SOME of you guys one day.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Excellent site, very useful, just wish they would get all the links working again like the old site.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#37]
After a long day of suffering through all the liberal bullshit in college, ar15.com is the only place i can go to feel better! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#38]
At the range I go to, there's about 15% shooting and about 85% standing around shooting the breeze, generally at full volume since everybody has their hearing protection on.  What a great group of people.  I sold my golf clubs to buy my armalite and I haven't looked back for one minute.  Shooters recall lost virtues: calmness, generosity, courage, integrity.  It seems they all have a story.  You listen carefully and then learn something that's genuine and true.  There's something that binds us together.  

A good shot is something more than the interaction of various random forces, isn't it?  When you put one right in the crotch of the x, don't you know it the moment the bullet flies?

I like ar15.com cuz I'm in here with a bunch of nice people, some like me who just got here, some who've been there and got the t-shirt, but all of whom have been right there in that moment and can't stop thinking about it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By A.T.F. Agent:
Good Source of "info"
View Quote

It was there then it was gone. Am I  seeing things?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks, Ed, Goat Boy, & the rest of my cohorts in crime.
I spend way too much time on this site, but I learn much more here than at work or the range.
[beer]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I need to add one more thing AR15.com has done for me; I got an AR-15!!!!!!!!!! because of it.  If it wasn't for you guys buying all of my trinkets and magazines I never would have put enough money together for my first AR.   Thank you all again!  I am addicted, and it is now my favorite.  Thankyou for letting me be included in your communitee,  

guns7.62
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#42]
This damn site is killing my grades!!!

BUT I LOVE IT!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#43]
It's a good place to find out about the latest thing in gundom.

For me, it is an outlet. A way to glean feedback from people I never really have to face in person. People who are more Screen Names then People to me.

Some of the guys here I would LOVE!!! to have a beer with sometime, but for the most part, people in general, wherever you go, are pretty damn boring. AR15.com is no exception.
But this isn't a thing unique to AR15.com. It is everywhere you go.
When I look at all the other sites on the web, and all the other names and faces, this one is for damn sure the best, and has the most quality folks.

McJagger
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Sanctuary!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I sense a group hug coming...

Nope..I'll pass on the group hug, but I sure as hell love this site.  Not only has it given me a wealth of information as well as contacts..I can go to the gun shows and now know whats crap and over priced..Thanks ED..[:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#46]
All my knowledge on ARs came from reading the countless posts on AR15.com.  That is why I look like this...[%|].  

When I graduate from this expensive university and get a high-paying salary or start my own company, I plan to get plastic surgery when I could afford it.  

Then I will look like this...[BD]!   But that would be okay because I will be [b]AR literate[/b].  

Seriously, if it wasn't for AR15.com, I wouldn't have known there are so many normal people who own or interested in ARs.  Yeah...some of these posts are hilarious and incredulous.  Makes me wonder if a few are missing a cylinder or two. [:)]

Honestly, I cannot live without AR15.com and other sites I visit when time allows.  I just have to work harder and stay one step of all my classes so I can surf in my free time.  [:D]

-RoadDog

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#47]
If you don`t like the format, change channel....if you`re here to make trouble, keep moving.......[rocket]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#48]
It has been a treasure trove of great information for me. Sold and bought lots of things here.
Have met some REALLY twisted people from this board. MY kind of guys!

Never ask an animator for a portrait![8D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#49]
hehehe

Good to see you too Mike.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I find it's the greatest single place for info!
I'm now an "official" AR gun nut!
My Evil black rifle came via UPS today!
My first aluminum .22 cal. rifle!
I probably would'nt have bought this rifle without you guys!
I got a Bushy Dissipator and am in the process of reading the last TM I have dated 1983 I believe, and the Bushy manual!
Yehaaaaaaaaaaw!
TM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top