Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 8:36:49 AM EDT
Silly but...

My wife worked nights at a hospital in the ER. She'd come home, take a shower and go to bed. While she was in the shower I'd get up for the day.

For some reason unknown to me, even to this day, my wife has always had the ceramic cake topper from our wedding on her nightstand.

I rolled out of bed and promptly knocked it onto the floor breaking it into a dozen pieces while she was still in the shower. I quickly cleaned it up and she groggily came out of the shower and went to bed. I had to go to three different stores to find the topper, laid out $85 for it, and headed home.

I crept upstairs, snuck in and quietly placed it on the nightstand.

Luck, VERRY lucky

This isn't the same wedding band I was married in either, but....

Sherm
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Only time I ever got arrested (for littering no less!) I talked my way out of it :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always had those other guns honey[:D]

Sgtar15

PS That and I replaced my sons fish when he was 5 y.o.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Now why in the world would you post that online?

Damn!  I mistakenly started my printer.  Now what the hell am I going to do with all these copies? :::evil grin:::

worth anything to ya? [devil]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Good story sherm and I believe that sgtar15 has hit upon a good idea for a new thread.  "Your most creative story for the explanation of a new gun".  Mine was "the old one made a hole in my pants pocket", she didn't buy it for a minute.  Now I need a story for a new safe.  Ideas?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Turn that printer off Vinnie...Please...
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife still thinks my AR's were 300 dollars for each one.  I'm working on my third one.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife still thinks my AR's were 300 dollars for each one.  I'm working on my third one.  
View Quote

Holy crap that's funny!  You know how many of the things I'd own if they were $300?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#9]
those evil black guns all look the same to her,I only get one out at a time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Turn that printer off Vinnie...Please...
View Quote

Come one. I'm just adding to the thread.  This would fall under "Best Scams" or "How to make money for your next AR"
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Every sunday I said,"yes I went to church".[:)]....I can't recall the good stuff I got away with.....least I'm not telling you!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Similar to RTA - My wife thinks I traded that MAC-9 (which she hated) even for that nice hunting rifle (national match M1A).  God I hope she doesn't try and balance the checkbook within the next couple of years.

The biggest scam of my life:  Convincing my professors that I knew enough about engineering to get a degree and my employers I knew enough to make a living.  (I've managed to get away with that scam for almost 30 years)
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably the only scam I've pulled...it was effective though.

I graduated in 1980...when I sent out my graduation announcements, I got a list of the wealthiest people in the Southeastern part of the United States. I sent out about 1,100 announcements to people I did [b]NOT[/b] know but, they were wealthy...example: I sent out an invitation to the President of a large corporation in Atlanta "whom I did NOT know", who sent me $100.

I collected over $37,000 in cash and checks...not to mention gift certificates and a paid weekend stay at a Fountaine Bleu Hotel in Miami.

With the money I receieved, I paid cash for a brand new 1980 Trans Am and was able to move out to L.A. and live with my friends....I feel bad today for that foolish stunt. But, I've never heard of anyone doing it since.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I graduated in 1980...when I sent out my graduation announcements, I got a list of the wealthiest people in the Southeastern part of the United States. I sent out about 1,100 announcements to people I did [b]NOT[/b] know but, they were wealthy...example: I sent out an invitation to the President of a large corporation in Atlanta "whom I did NOT know", who sent me $100.

I collected over $37,000 in cash and checks...not to mention gift certificates and a paid weekend stay at a Fountaine Bleu Hotel in Miami.

With the money I receieved, I paid cash for a brand new 1980 Trans Am and was able to move out to L.A. and live with my friends....I feel bad today for that foolish stunt. But, I've never heard of anyone doing it since.

View Quote

Holy god that was genius!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy god that was genius!
View Quote

Sweet!  Now I know how I'm going to pay for my Daughters collage.  I got dibs on the Southwest region.  Let's keep this one to ourselves, eh?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I got dibs on the Pacific NW.  

I might get that 50 cal after all.  

edited to add... hell, i'll even send out thank you cards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]
The kicker was...I told my parents that I sent announcements to the rich people in my school. They never knew exactly how much I got...but, that Trans Am gave it away.

When I put the my name on the announcement, it looked like this: (Robert Smith III)...of course my name is'nt R. Smith...but, I figured if I added the (III) part...people would just shrug their shoulders and think it was another rich family kid graduating. I did not really think it would work that well. It did.

By today's standards...a grad could make 100k..easy.

Don't even think about it...it must be illegal.

Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
We don't need a condom. I had the mumps at 16 and I am sterile now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I love you baby, Im gonna take you back to the states with me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top