Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 12:47:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
... dang, and to think how much money this could save you at the liquor store!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 1:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... dang, and to think how much money this could save you at the liquor store!
View Quote
This guy is his own brewery!  Wonder if he has gotten calls from Anheuser Busch yet?
"A Real Man's Beer, Brewed BY a Real Man!"
View Quote

... yeah, sometime life deals you a funky hand [}:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Now all he has to do is add a bit of peat to his diet, and his body will be making a nice single-malt scotch.  Wish I could learn that trick. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now all he has to do is add a bit of peat to his diet, and his body will be making a nice single-malt scotch.  Wish I could learn that trick. [:D]
View Quote
[^]

Actually there are rare cases where a certain yeast infection can result in alcohol intoxication as a symptom of the disease. I don't remember the specific yeast involved but there have been infections where this particular yeast begins to ferment and produce alcohol which then diffuses into the host's bloodstream. The result was the infected person became continuously inebriated as a result of the infection.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
And here I thought Tourette's Syndrom was the coolest disease one could possibly have.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Too damn funny Kar98 that one was GOOD
[beer]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What is it with these English people?

The Sheriff judges the trial?

Then, he must have an idiot for a lawyer, he wasn't driving.

The picture shows the cops taking a reading on the [u]passenger[/u], obviously.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

In Britain, "sherrif" doesn't mean "county cop", but:
an important official of a shire or county charged primarily with judicial duties (as executing the processes and orders of courts and judges)

Pronunciation: 'sher-&f
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English shirreve, from Old English scIrgerEfa, from scIr shire + gerEfa reeve -- more at SHIRE, REEVE
Date: before 12th century
cf. sherrifdom
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
prk, I think you better look at that picture again. What is the man in the car resting his hand on ????????? Remember the driver lives in Europe.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Then, he must have an idiot for a lawyer, he wasn't driving.

The picture shows the cops taking a reading on the [u]passenger[/u], obviously.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

PRK, you dumb shit!  Come on, guys, pile on!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
prk, I think you better look at that picture again. What is the man in the car resting his hand on ????????? Remember the driver lives in Europe.
View Quote

In Britain, to be accurate. Only there, in Ireland, Malta and Gibraltar do European drivers drive on the wrong side of the road.

Funny sidenote: the British SecTrans tried to talk the EU into forcing Germany to impose a general speedlimit on the autobahn, with the argument that in order for a unified Europe to function, it's impossible to have one country deviate from the rules accepted by everybody else. Silly Brits.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

In Britain, "sherrif" doesn't mean "county cop", but:
an important official of a shire or county charged primarily with judicial duties (as executing the processes and orders of courts and judges)

Pronunciation: 'sher-&f
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English shirreve, from Old English scIrgerEfa, from scIr shire + gerEfa reeve -- more at SHIRE, REEVE
Date: before 12th century
cf. sherrifdom
View Quote

Well, locally, the Sheriff's Dept. is pretty much limited to that officer of the court function, but in the more rural areas they do  act as county police.  Wonder how that got thrown in... and in the English countryside, who DID play that role?

Meshuggah, it was a JOKE, OK? A firggin' JOKE, get it?  A JOKE, dammit!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And here I thought Tourette's Syndrom was the coolest disease one could possibly have.
View Quote

[img]pweb.netcom.com/~mattja/pics/Ruth.jpg[/img]
[img]pweb.netcom.com/~mattja/pics/tourette.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
At least they didn't make him do that eyeball thing,stand on one leg walk backwards while saying the Russian alphabet.   And then tell him he was legally drunk,Hell if you are legally drunk then what's the problem?

I would not want to be illegally drunk!

Bob    [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top