Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 10:41:34 AM EDT
There ain't a frog been born that can out run/jump a riding mower.

I always try and turn in the nick of time, ya know, cut'em some slack [no pun intended] [;)]

What have you chased, caught, tormented, eradicated or threatened with your mower?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I ran over a rake with my dad's new riding mower the day he bought it.

That was over 20 years ago, and he still doesn't know.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I had been after the kids it seemed forever to not leave their toys and stuff in the yard. So when I saw that black flat thing in front of me, I couldn'y resist teaching them a lesson. Well, after the 22 hp, 46 in mulching deck monster spewed forth the the remains, I found it was my wallet. OOOPS. I found most of the parts to most of the bills and taped them together as best as I could.
lawn tractor fun
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had been after the kids it seemed forever to not leave their toys and stuff in the yard. So when I saw that black flat thing in front of me, I couldn'y resist teaching them a lesson. Well, after the 22 hp, 46 in mulching deck monster spewed forth the the remains, I found it was my wallet. OOOPS. I found most of the parts to most of the bills and taped them together as best as I could.
lawn tractor fun
Lebrew
View Quote
ROFLMAO!  "Poetic justice?"
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Sung to the tune of "I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover"...

All together now...

"I'm looking over
My dead dog Rover
I hit with the power mower.

One leg is missing
The other is gone
The third one is scattered
All over the lawn.

There's no use explaining
The one remaining
It's spinning on the carport floor.

Oh, I'm looking over
My dead dog Rover
I hit with the power mower."

Weird Al
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lawn tractor fun
Lebrew
View Quote

bahahahahaha! serves you right [:P]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Last year (in Texas) I accidentally ran over a bull snake in the pasture.  Made quite a thunk.  He was about 3 1/2 or 4 feet long.

The best part was picking it up and laying by the driveway so that when my wife got home....

She must have jumped a foot in the air!  Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
lawn tractor fun
Lebrew
View Quote

Damn!! I just spit beer on the monitor and I am still at work!!! THANKS

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Frogs...almost as much fun as kittens....[;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
A box turtle.  The grass was high enough I didn't see it until it was the mower deck was almost on top of it.  Amazingly enough, a turtle that's been hit with mower stays in one...mass, glop, whatever you want to call it.  I flipped it out of the yard into the woods with a canoe paddle.  I also almost got 3 or 4 baby rabbits that were in a small hole in the yard a couple of years ago.  Good thing those guys were hunkered down!

Hick
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking of posting a topic asking how many people love to dice up dead animals with thier mower deck, but I didn't. I love mowing along then come across something dead and hitting it with the mower deck. How about you guys? [BD]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was thinking of posting a topic asking how many people love to dice up dead animals with thier mower deck, but I didn't. I love mowing along then come across something dead and hitting it with the mower deck. How about you guys? [BD]
View Quote

Then we can discuss the early days of the Terlingua Chili Cook-offs and my renowned recipe for "Wild Critter Chili".  The meat was taken fresh the previous night with whatever vehicle I was driving that year.  It was impressive.  Hertz quit renting to me after the year when we had a little offroad experience with a javelina and a Pontiac Grand Prix.  After a while the less adventurous passed some kind of regulation you had to tell what kind of ingredients you used and where you got them.  Ah for the days of Dirty Woman Creek again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a riding mower, but still...

Two years ago, my little brother was working on my grandparent's farm cutting hay, and he didn't see a fawn sitting in the hay ahead of the mower.  By the time he saw it, it was all tangled up in the mower, mortally wounded, and he had to put it out of its misery.  Glad I wasn't there to see it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I generally dislike the French, but I see no need to chase them with expensive garden apparatus.  I am content that they should simply confine themselves to cheapening the gene pool in Europe.
View Quote

You beat me to it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
NinjaMonkey, I used to work on a dairy farm and we mowed 750 acres of hay per year. We cut 12 feet wide at 5 MPH. Running a fawn through the Haybine is easy, the hard part is to drag the body to the edge of the field with the mother looking on. No numbers, too many to count. If you knew they were there, you stop, chase them out of the tall hay just to have them run ahead and hide in the hay again. Stop & go, stop & go until you got to the end of the field where they would run into the woods. Some you never saw until it was too late. Got a cat once, but that is another story.

Fred
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to mow lawns with my uncle in Florida when I was 14... he got the riding mower, I got the push mower.  We were doing this condo on the beach one summer day and I got to do the two huge strips of grass on the sides of the condo's pool. It was 95 degrees out and someone had set up a slip-n-slide, the kind that you filled one end up with water so it had a kind of pool at the end, but no one was using it.

So as I'm mowing I notice some hotties at the pool and I'm enjoying the view as I work, no big deal, right?  Then one of them gets out of the water as my circuit takes me near the pool fence, she trots over and asks me "Hey, what's your name?".  Of course I had to be cool about it, so I spin the mower around to go back the other way, but I keep my head turned back at her ( not looking at the path I'm following ) and say "Who wants to know?"

Just as the word 'know' leaves my mouth, I hear this awful 'THHHHBZZZBBBZWHOPWHOPWHOPWHOP' sound... I turn to see blue plastic flying all over the place and water shooting out the mower chute.  I had run dead into the full end of the slip-n-slide.  

Needless to say I was a bit embarrassed. [:I]

I bet I made more of an impression on that girl than most of the men in her life! [BD]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I like to hit the dead birds with the mower deck. It sends feathers and guts flying everywhere. BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[X]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I hear running over little animals is good lubrication for the underside [:X*]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I like running over anthills.  I call myself "The White Tornado".
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]
One summer while stacking hay bales on the trailer, the guy on the tractor that was pulling us managed to put a cat through the baler.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I hit a pack of voles (little mice like things) with an 18 HP two stage snow blower once.  Their little bodies hitting the chute sounded a little like a tennis ball launcher.
Whoomp! Whoomp! Whoomp!  That impeller made mash outta them.  

Just a few little red stains on the snow......

crash
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top