Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 10:21:30 AM EDT
Sounds like 5 people are down....
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There's another thread about this being at KFC, there's a URL there to the story.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/sanfran020524.html[/url]

Hmm, 22nd and Mission. Probably Hispanic gangs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]

BAN FRIED CHICKEN!!  It leads to clogged arteries in the brain which causes violent behavior.

.....really, do it for the kids. [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a drug deal gone bad or gang shooting!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
This has happened twice in the Phoenix area in the last month.

First two people working at a Dominoes in Glendale about a month ago, then three people working at a Jack in the Box in Mesa earlier this week...

The common thing here is that both targets were owned by immigrant owners who claimed they couldn't afford to install video survailance.

Murdering the witnesses then makes a twisted sort of sense since there is no other way to identify the killers now...

Edited to add that carrying a gun while you work at any of these fast food places, even here in AZ, will get you fired... and they make it worse by hiring so many teenagers who wouldnt be allowed to carry anyways and still have them working late or early shifts when they are most likely to be attacked...
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
About 20 years ago, I worked at a market (in Los Angeles) that had a detached liquor store.  There were four of us liquor store clerks and since I was the newest one, I had to work on the eve's of holidays - Christmas eve, New Years eve, etc.  One of the clerks had just been robbed for the second time in a few weeks and was a total emotional wreck.  In fact, I was the only clerk that hadn't been robbed yet.  After much complaint, the store management decided to install a video camera.  One night when it was slow, I climbed up the liquor shelf behind the counter to check out the camera, and saw that it wasn't hooked up to anything.  It was just an empty shell that rotated from side to side [shock].  Impressed by the company's concern for my well-being [puke], I transferred out of the liquor department asap.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like we need to ban fast food. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
About 20 years ago, I worked at a market (in Los Angeles) that had a detached liquor store.  There were four of us liquor store clerks and since I was the newest one, I had to work on the eve's of holidays - Christmas eve, New Years eve, etc.  One of the clerks had just been robbed for the second time in a few weeks and was a total emotional wreck.  In fact, I was the only clerk that hadn't been robbed yet.  After much complaint, the store management decided to install a video camera.  One night when it was slow, I climbed up the liquor shelf behind the counter to check out the camera, and saw that it wasn't hooked up to anything.  It was just an empty shell that rotated from side to side [shock].  Impressed by the company's concern for my well-being [puke], I transferred out of the liquor department asap.
View Quote

The owners are only concerned with one thing, and it is not your life; it is $$$$$$$. I guess if you want to work at one of those places where it gets robbed by dastardly people, then the workers should invest in some light wieght body armour.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess if you want to work at one of those places where it gets robbed by dastardly people, then the workers should invest in some light wieght body armour.
View Quote

You joke about it, but about a year ago I sold an old vest that I had to a guy in such a situation. He worked at a place that sold and installed car audio systems and I believe that he said they had been robbed twice. So he bought the vest and got his concealed handgun license to "be on the safe side".

If it were me I would have gotten another job.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess if you want to work at one of those places where it gets robbed by dastardly people, then the workers should invest in some light wieght body armour.
View Quote

You joke about it, but about a year ago I sold an old vest that I had to a guy in such a situation. He worked at a place that sold and installed car audio systems and I believe that he said they had been robbed twice. So he bought the vest and got his concealed handgun license to "be on the safe side".

If it were me I would have gotten another job.
View Quote

Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression that I was joking. I'm quite serious. If you are going to work at these places where is a high probability that it is going to be robbed, I stongly suggest taking appropriate & prudent precautions. I think the reason is that why a lot of people say give them the money etc, but there is no gaurentee that you won't get shot/stubbed even if you give in to the robber. Awhile back, at my local gun range someone stole a Mercedez Benz right out of the range parking lot, talk about brazen.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
No more  chicken do it for the children
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Definitely gang controlled turf considering a neighborhood Popeye's was the scene.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top