Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 9:38:50 AM EDT
My graveyard bartender (who we call Captain Bullshit) offered to sell me his Colt Gov't series 70 because he is in financial trouble. It's all customized, with a hard chrome frame, checkered front strap, goofy IPSC comp, trigger work, extended safeties and a nifty bolt on laser sight(GAY!).It says "Davis Custom" on the slide, Anybody know who that is?He says the Navy built it for him when he was on Subs and if he can find the suppressor he'll throw that in(Cap'n BS). He's asking the exhorbitant amount of $350. If he really wants to part with it, I guess I'll take it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell, for $350 take it and ask questions later.

I don't have any idea who "Davis Custom" is, but hey, you'll get a free suppressor too,[;)] when he finds it. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a from the box seriess 70, I have been offered $1000 for it as it is in perfect conditionand shoots straight, if the  frame and slide are ok grab it
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
way good deal.

buy it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you actualy seen this gun?....with a story like that, I'd be afraid it would turn out to be a Davis .380 with a coke can stuck on the front and some rough file work.

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He says the Navy built it for him when he was on Subs and if he can find the suppressor he'll throw that in(Cap'n BS).
View Quote

There's a big call for suppressed .45 on subs. I'd like to tell you about it but, ya know...it's really top secret.  But, the best part is that the Navy just gives you the weapon when you leave the service.  I think because it saves on paperwork - or else because you need it for your part-time wet-work with the CIA.  Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Captain B.S. is obviously a jackass. I'd look it over closely.  Who know what he could have done to it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a Davis Custom website:

[url]http://www.gunlocators.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv[/url]

Maybe you can see what's up that way...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top