User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 3:54:04 AM EDT
The "Rumble on the River"

Who y'all pick to win?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked Tyson to win because he has that TREMENDOUS uppercut that is hard to overcome.
I don't think he is a model citizen but he is a
very formadable(sp) opponent.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
For Lewis sake let's hope so!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nah-he was ferocious in his day, but now when he fights he looks slow and lazy. He surrounds himself with syncophants who won't push him to train so he doesn't. If the Tyson that I saw in his first few televised fights shows up Lewis is in being trouble.

I'd guess "lazy not working out and training Tyson" will be the guy we see.
View Quote

Cus D'Amato and Kevin Rooney made him what he WAS. Cus died and Rooney was fired when Don King got his sucker-coated tentacles around Tyson.

He USED to be great. Undeniably the best. Visciously powerful efficient and precise.

He USED to be DISCIPLINED.

You're right [b]Aimless[/b], Tyson's days are long gone.

The greatest thing to happen to post-Ali boxing was Buster Douglas pounding the sh!t out of Tyson, turning his already-troglodytic face into a swollen mass of welts and then knocking that psychotic, no-talent rapist flat on his ass - all the while with Don King jumping and screaming in the background like the miserable little dwarf in "Thunderdome" who just watched his "masterblaster" freak/gladiator come crashing down in a pathetic heap of twitching dying flesh.

In the ring Tyson is now reduced to biting, headbutting, elbowing, trying to break arms, hitting after the bell, pushing the ref and generally being a two-bit street fighting thug with all the finess of a rutting moose.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2000/Feb-13-Sun-2000/photos/sports.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://www.attrition.org/gallery/spoof/GOTMILK.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Lewis' major problem is that he a REALLY slow starter.  He lacks confidence in the early rounds.  Most of the time he look just plain old scared.  This is were Tyson can capitalize on this and do what Tua should have done.  A full frontal attacjk from Tyson would devestate Lewis.  If Tyson is able to go on the attack from the moment the bell rings he'll win for sure.  If Lewis can keep him off with his long arms and not doubt himself all the time then he'll stand a chance of KOing Tyson in the 5th round.  I still think both Tyson and Tua should drop back down to around 220.  They both fought better at that weight.

In either case,I really don't like either Tyson or Lewis.  The Heavy weight ranks have gone to heck in a handbasket.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
didn't see the 'don't give a rat's ass' option on the poll.
with tyson in the ring the big loser is boxing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
didn't see the 'don't give a rat's ass' option on the poll.
with tyson in the ring the big loser is boxing.
View Quote
I second this, except that I would rather have it say 'who gives a shiite about boxing'.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I voted for Tyson, but in all honesty, I don't see this ending in a decision.  It seems that Tyson only gets in the ring for the money and has no interest in actually proving that he can still box.  He'd rather do something bizarre than risk legitimate defeat.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate Tyson with the best of them, but he is far from past his prime.  He will destroy Lewis and it will not even be close.  It won't even go 4 rounds.  Tyson is an animal with unbelievable strength and speed.  I hate it, but it's no rumble.  It will be a farce!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hate Tyson with the best of them, but he is far from past his prime.  He will destroy Lewis and it will not even be close.  It won't even go 4 rounds.  Tyson is an animal with unbelievable strength and speed.  I hate it, but it's no rumble.  It will be a farce!!
View Quote
I agree, I don't think Lewis has much of a chance if Tyson jumps in and starts a rumble.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree, I don't think Lewis has much of a chance if Tyson jumps in and starts a rumble.
View Quote
Just for the record, I think Tyson will win, but I hate the SOB, and I will be pulling for Lewis!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#16]
One way or the other it SHOULD be one heck of a fight!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Tyson by an ear.

KO 6th round.

Mama said knock you out!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I think that Tyson is seriously training for this fight and if it turns out to be the case then Lewis doesn't stand a chance. He'll go down in the third if Tyson comes out swinging.

I took Tyson early on at +185.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top