Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2002 3:41:32 AM EDT
Hi all, got home after a WONDERFUL jump yeaterday- jumped the T10-1C that I packed for my MOS course. All went well, C-130 door exit. Jumped into Ft. Pickett, VA. Beautiful day, light winds, soft landing, full canopy, no turns, tangles or twists!

Doing the MC1-1C next week, tailgate blast from a C-130.

Don Out
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Jumping is like crack or heroin, you know its bad for you, but you still want to do it!!!!

Im 50% disabled from a jump injury, but cant help myself, Im scratching together the dinero to start skydiving.  Congrats on jumping again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congrats!

I am sure you had a great rigger do your T101[;)]

[size=5][red]AIRBORNE.........ALL THE WAY![/red][/size=5]
View Quote

Allright, O ancient and revered one!

Seriously, the only rig that we did not pack for our jumps here is the new MIRPS (reserve, no more scoop & throw for us older guys). We did some pack up on the MIRPS, but only on inert systems.

The course is good, the jump was a blast. I'm taking a camera up this Thursday so hopefully I'll post some pics on the 4th of July weekend (when I next have access to the home system).

VA-gunnut, window for the jumps is around 0900-1130 hrs, mainly on thursdays. Ft Pickett is open, so if you wanted to, you could come down & film!

The DZ there has been much cleaned up since I jumped there 14 yrs ago, but still has broken tarmac right in the center of the DZ.

I show a report date to Bragg on 16 Aug. I graduate the 92R course on 9 Jul, so hopefully I can coerce the higher-ups to let me TDY en-rout for a month & work here at home at the recruiter's station.

I have a retired SF CSM working on changing my orders from the 82d to 7th SF GRP.

Don Out

[Edited because beer & spelling don't mix well]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]
92R huh... What PRC are you in? I was the honors graduate of PRC 504.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a blast at Ft Lee when I went from 11H1P to 43E. Being a rigger is pretty fun. Screwing with the privates at jump school at Ft Benning was a riot!

Would love to start jumping again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
CONGRATS RIGGER66

Hope all is well and let us know where you go here at Bragg. Hope that MC-1 Jump goes well for ya.
Keep your feet and knees together.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats rigger66. Is the C141 in the days ahead? Some here will bust your butt about still being a leg if you are jumping above 800.

Have fun!!
[bounce][bounce][bounce][bounce]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top