Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 9:00:29 PM EDT
I found a pretty cool site for making purchases: [url]www.cigarbid.com[/url] .  So far i got two five packs of Lars Tetens (not everybodies cup o' tea, I know, but an intersting diversion) for about $40 bucks and a 100 count Humidor for $71 that I have seen elswhere on the net for 130-200.  It is basically ebay for cigars, but the nice thing is that the auction ends when the time hits AND there has been no bidding for five minutes.  Keeps people from camping and snagging your bid at the last second.

The other site I really enjoy is [url]www.arabicigar.com[/url] .  There prices may seem a tad high but you have to remember that it includes two day air shipping that most places charge 20 bucks for.  And there customer service rocks.  Whenever I would get a package there would be an extra cigar thrown in to try out and a couple of times I found a Smoke or Cigar Aficcianado magazine.  I once received a box with the lable split and the cigars a little dried out, though they were in tubes.  I emailed them my complain and three days later I had a fresh box on my doorstep, they never even asked for the old ones.  Pretty damned good customer service if you ask me.

Any other tips from smokers out there?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks.

If you haven't already, try Vancouver Cigar Co.

They'll ship the cigars uhm... with uhm... without the original bands and er...  ship the bands seperately later.

If you're so inclined.

Great people to do business with.  They are on the web, but I don't have the link anymore.

edited to add... looks like your prices are better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Occasionaly, I smoke $0.15 camel shit cigars, so my opinion probably doesn't amount to much. Goddam these thing give me heartburn !!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Occasionaly, I smoke $0.15 camel shit cigars, so my opinion probably doesn't amount to much. Goddam these thing give me heartburn !!
View Quote

Hey, in my younger days I used to smoke Backwood Smokes.  One of those would probably make me puke now.

Stealth, thanks for the tip.  Of the several of "those" types of cigars I've had, overseas of course, I actually prefer Dominican.  Sure they were strong, but I found the flavor to be somewhat lacking.  

I've been slowly working through a box of H. Upmann Hamiltons that have been pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey, Cigar smokers...
View Quote

Put that #$@*!% thing out... It stinks![:X*]

Edited to ad......[:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Fortunatly for me, J&R Cigars is just down the road from me ;)

The showroom is *huge*! It's an awesome place.

Only problem is, I have yet to go there and spend less than $80 on cigars :( It's just all so tempting...

Sorta like going to a gunstore :( Every time I go, I know it's going to be expensive.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know any good resources for the novice cigar enthusiast? Been looking to set myself up with a humidor, but I know next to nothing about them...what brands/models, care/maintenance, etc....
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thinks for the info. I have been craving a cigar for over two months. Doc said if I did it would hinder my healing. That does'nt mean I can look. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anybody know any good resources for the novice cigar enthusiast? Been looking to set myself up with a humidor, but I know next to nothing about them...what brands/models, care/maintenance, etc....
View Quote

Check out the cigarbid site.  I found a 100 count humidor for under a hundred bucks.  Another good place is [url]www.cheaphumidors.com[/url] .  The best way to find what you like is to try friend's cigars [:)] but if you don't have that resource, go into a tobacco store and ask for advice and buy about ten cigars.  It will be pricey but you will probably find something you like and can then order off the internet in bulk.  My personal favorites are the H. Upmann Hamiltons, Partagas, Artuero Fuente, for the pricey ones, and I have a bunch of Tamboril cigars that were being blown out for 20 bucks a box and are a really enjoyable smoke.

A great place for info is [url]www.cigargroup.com[/url] .  Tons of information and a great message board.  The cigar board is heavily tilted toward the cuban or its crap crowd, but lots of info nonetheless.  The humidor board is a great source for how to set it up.  You could spend hours with all the info on this site.

BTW, CIGARBID ROCKS!  Just found my cigars that I won Tuesday on my doorstep.  Even though I won two bids, they shipped them together and only charged for shipping one.  And it got here from Pennsylvania in two days for less than five bucks.  Awesome.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, Cigar smokers...
View Quote

Put that #$@*!% thing out... It stinks![:X*]

Edited to ad......[:D]
View Quote

Yes, they really do stink.  If I smoked one in the house my wife would kill me.  I miss those college days sitting around the apt. smoking in warm, tv watching comfort. [:D]

Actually I love it while I'm smoking, but I think everyone hates the stale smoke smell.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Heres the cigar shop I order from. Good service and good smokes. [url]http://2guyssmokeshop.com/[/url]
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#11]
www.thompsons.com
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I found the cheepist place.. Invite Stealth down to shoot and he usually buys the Cigars.. MMM Dunhills... I can taste them now..

Thanks Stealth!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I found the cheepist place.. Invite Stealth down to shoot and he usually buys the Cigars.. MMM Dunhills... I can taste them now..

Thanks Stealth!!!!
View Quote

That was a Swisher Sweet I put in a Dunhill tube.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[url]www.thompsons.com[/url]
View Quote

resident url nazi [:D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]www.thompsons.com[/url]
View Quote

resident url nazi [:D]
View Quote
I try and try but I just can't doit[spank]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Now if I could ONLY hook up with Monica.........
[smoke][sex]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:I try and try but I just can't doit[spank]
View Quote

I hope you can re pitch a off shore stainless prop better then making a [red]url[/red]!! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:I try and try but I just can't doit[spank]
View Quote

I hope you can re pitch a off shore stainless prop better then making a [red]url[/red]!! [:)]
View Quote
Why yes yes I can [;)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 4:17:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I like [url]http://www.cigarsforless.com/index.htm[/url] for my cigar purchases.  When looking for a humidor, I couldn't believe how expensive they were.  So, I started making my own.  Gave me a good excuse to get a nice table saw.

This is my third try.  It's made from cherry decking boards and genuine Gulfstream GV inlay:

[img]http://myWebpages.comcast.net/tharmon150/Cigars/Humidor3c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://myWebpages.comcast.net/tharmon150/Cigars/Humidor3o.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Big T,

Great looking humidor.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Wood from a GV? Wow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top