Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 7:36:34 PM EDT
Lets here it. When and where. I am infantry and had to throw in EFMB. I have seen their testing and it is HARD. Not many receive it. Good job medic's. Thanks in advance for those that have there CIB. 9 years in the infantry and no combat. I did get my EIB.

June-July 99. 1-9 INF (first manchu)2 no-go's one for M240B. Forgot to lift the feedtray, felt real dumb for that one. Wont tell you about the other, it was even dumber. 12 mile road march was the worset part. Started at 0530 due to heat and humidity. I finished in 2 hours 42 min. ( Manchu Mile was easier) Only dry spot left on me was the last 3 or 4 inches of the legs of my BDU's. Outside of wearing the U.S. flag, the EIB is worn the proudest. Hardest piece of cloth I have worked for. For all those that have received it, WELL DONE!!!!! For those going into the infantry by way of the Army. This is something to STRIVE for.
TOW2B OUT
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.eaglesofwar.com/images/pages/cib.jpg[/img]
2/5 Cav Desert Storm. The way I describe it when asked, "it was an interesting six months"
echo6
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
TOW2,
11H? Got my EIB in 99 here at Bragg... and yes the march is the worse part.  Even our 40k marches don't suck as bad as running 12 miles with all that crap on.  Now we're just waiting for a wreath to go around it[;)].  BTW are they stocking Nat Defense ribbons where you are at? Just saw a pile of them being delivered to the PX.  Death by Wire!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a scan of my original EIB award.  I edited the pic to remove everyone's social security number.

[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/cdyow%2FEIB%2DOrders%2Ejpg[/img]

For those of you familiar with B Co 3/75 Ranger Regiment, or who have an interest in the 1993 Mogadishu, Somalia battle, take a close look at the names on that one page.

Makes the hairs on my neck stand straight to see them again and think how long ago we were running through the woods, chasing our EIBs.

Kind of puts things in perspective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top