Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 7:01:28 PM EDT
I heard a rumor that the Fed's won't pop you for an evil telestock on your post ban because they feel you might challenge the law in court.
If you won that case, and I was told the Fed's feel you just might, they would lose some legal leverage on us gun owners.

So I ask you, have you or someone you know been busted for an "illegal telescoping stock" on your post ban? If so what was the outcome? I'm curious about the number of deals made .vs the number of cases that went to court.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
This has been covered before, and I believe the concensus was that nobody was aware of anyone ever being prosecuted for illegal preban features ALONE, but that some may have had it tacked onto other felony violations to sweeten the pot.  It's a buncha crap, if you ask me, and you did.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if you ask me, and you did.
View Quote

hehe
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I was doing nothing else wrong, minding my own business at the range, you think Mr. LEO would tell me to just take my post ban M4gery home?

And I did ask. :')
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Not in my county , sheriff is ... best way to put it is that if your not bothering anyone with your toys , its none of his business . (And he's a DEMOCRAT! , go figure .)
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Not in my county , sheriff is ... best way to put it is that if your not bothering anyone with your toys , its none of his business . (And he's a DEMOCRAT! , go figure .)
View Quote

If only more dems thought like this guy, and you are in a liberal state!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe we can get a volunteer to be the test case. Just take your post-ban with collapsible stock to the nearest ATF office.  Let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked a guy that works with the ATF here that same question he told me he had somthing like 100 federal cases for this county last year. he was able to prosecute like 35 of them and all of them were felons with firearms cases. he said prosecution probley not but confiscation of the weapon definately.but he said it could be prosecuted. it wouldnt be worth getting my rifle confiscated over.

tnrifleman
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
First off, they (the feds) can win it...and a hell of a lot easier than you'd think. You're only kidding yourself if you think it would be a difficult case for them.  The fact is, however, its not prosecuted all that often because at the present time, its just not a high priority.  That doesn't mean it will always be a low priority/low enforcement crime.  When the next gun-hating democrat takes the oval office, you can almost expect BATF to take a more agressive stance on violations.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When the next gun-hating democrat takes the oval office, you can almost expect BATF to take a more agressive stance on violations.  
View Quote

The current "gun-loving" republican in the oval office, should put the BATF out of business right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can afford to be off work for months or years and can swing thousands in attorney fees give it a shot.

Let us know how it turns out...

Me, uh no thanks. I'm not interested in a career in the license plate making business. Not to mention being Bubba's love slave for the next ten years...[;)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Just as they pull you over for not wearing your seatbelt, it's an opener.

Cop pulls you over for not wearing your seatbelt, sees your riflecase, claims he smells alcohol, finds your post-ban with telestock, searches the rest of the car, locks you up, gets a search warrant (after all, you are a violator of FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS) goes to your house and finds.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:52:42 AM EDT
[#13]
...your wife with the postman.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
It has been my experience, everytime the cops come into contact with a firearm, they take  it. Then it's up to you to PROVE LEGAL ownwership. Have fun guys!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]
First of all, very few LEO's will even know the difference between a post and pre-ban gun, so the chances of an LEO busting you are very slim.  Secondly, the only way you would be convicted would be if you were being charged with another firearm's related violation.  I'm sure an anti-gun prosecuting attorney would love to tack on as many offenses as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top