Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 4:48:16 PM EDT
I had my dog neutered today. What's the difference between that and a vasectomy besides a few hundred bucks? [whacko]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, I can hardly wait for these replies.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Neutering removes the testicles.
A vasectomy, you keep the testicles, but the little tubes that carry sperm cells from them are permanently cut.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
neutering = Vienna Boys Choir

vasectomy = something the above boys do not need

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
No shit? Neutering removes the testicles? Boy am I glad I didn't go the vet and get the $40 buck snip like my brother suggested.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Neutering removes the testicles.
A vasectomy, you keep the testicles, but the little tubes that carry sperm cells from them are permanently cut.
View Quote

Thats right and if you value your dog and can afford it get the vasectomy , I raise poms and the ones that are neutered just don't develop as well as the ones 'with' their stuff intact .
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Neutering is when the testicles are removed, and vasectomy is when the tubes from the testicles are cut into half and tied off.  In theory, the tubes at some point in time can be successfully rejoined but in fact, is rarely the case.  And as you might have surmised, neutering is permanent.  Why didn't you ask your vet what the difference is?  And why did you have it done?
W
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn...I really feel bad now. I didn't look down there after I brought him home and didn't know neutering meant removing his balls! I mean it you guys, I'm really feeling down about it. Poor bastard.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I raise poms and the ones that are neutered just don't develop as well as the ones 'with' their stuff intact .
View Quote

I don't think there is a breed that I despise more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I knew a kid in high school that lost his sac in an accident. Boy did he get teased.

[flame]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
If it makes you feel better you can get prosthesis nads installed on Phydeaux. No shit! They make fake nuts for neutered pets so the don't lose their self esteem when they're around their peers. I heard this on a radio talk show.

Just goes to show that no matter how stupid the product someone will buy it if you advertise properly.

From the smallest dog or cat up to horse nuts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Neuticles [url]http://www.neuticles.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#12]
You can feel good about knowing that you are helping to prevent a litter.  In our small town alone, 210 dogs and puppies were put to sleep at the local animal shelter because no one wanted them.  Nationally, there are between 4 to 6 million dogs and cats euthanized because there aren't enough homes for them.  Dogs that are neutered also tend to have less cancers and don't mark their territory, (pee on anything and everything).
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They make fake nuts for neutered pets so the don't lose their self esteem when they're around their peers. I heard this on a radio talk show..
View Quote

[whacko]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
We need to  send Colon Powel a set of those!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Neuter:without testosterone, the pooch should be less agressive and have little interest in leg humping. Vasectomy preserves testosterone levels.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Yummie, I can hardly wait for the testicle festival this year.

John Kruk of the Phillies had a nut removed in the early nineties. I could hardly contain myself when announcers called "one ball, one strike", while he was at the plate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yummie, I can hardly wait for the testicle festival this year.

John Kruk of the Phillies had a nut removed in the early nineties. I could hardly contain myself when announcers called "one ball, one strike", while he was at the plate.
View Quote

LOL. I never thought of that. And I listened to/watched many games in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#18]
1GUNRUNNER:
Neuticles [url]http://www.neuticles.com/[/url]
View Quote

You never know WTF you'll find on the Internet, do you....

Now go take this poll:
[url]http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=a4e4297e37c683ab022bda78aa2e96a6&threadid=961[/url]

[i]I'm going to neuter the first SOB who asks how I found THAT site![/i] [%|]
[puke]
[puke][puke]
[puke][puke][puke]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't feel bad. Too many animals are destroyed every year. You are probably suffering more psychologically than the dog.

-legrue

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not sure, but whatever you do don't let ComputerGuy do any of the work!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I still cant stop laughing!

If you need a pair....

[url]http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html[/url]

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top