Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 3:41:21 PM EDT
http://www.denverpost.com/framework/0%2C1918%2C36%257E53%257E626846%2C00.html
I haven't really seen anyone here talking about this. Apparently they invade this country at will and the Feds turn tail when they do. Whats up? What should be done? If you live on the border what will you do?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an organization called Altzan and its primary goal is the re-anexation of all territory originally belonging to Mexico.
They are sponsors of some of the invasion and are fighting to guarantee that illegal immigrants can stay here.
The saddest part of this is that it has some support in congress and that includes giving back those states that were part of Mexico.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.denverpost.com/framework/0%2C1918%2C36%257E53%257E626846%2C00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure Texas will have something to say about that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The saddest part of this is that it has some support in congress and that includes giving back those states that were part of Mexico.
View Quote

Can you provide some support for this statement?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw on the local Houston CBS affiliate that Mexico is planning on building huge glowing towers that can be seen 6 miles away to guide imigrants to maps, water, and other supplies who are trying to cross into the US and get lost.  The look on the announcer's face was priceless, as you could tell he was having a hard time fighting his disapproval of it.

The first one is to be built along the Mexico/Arizona border.

It was followed up by a report on an illegal alien who was working as a cook at the local airport, but quit her job because she was working illegally and didn't want to be caught up in the latest terrorist dragnet that has been getting employees who forged documents and ID to get airport jobs arrested and deported.  They then showed the Mexican consulate here in Houston, and they were saying how it was targeting illegal Mexicans unfairly, and how many of them are talking of returning to Mexico because of this "witchunt."

Invasion sure seems like an act of war to me.  What's even worse is those of us who think it's wrong to not protect our borders are labelled racists and bigots.  Hell, I've got brown skin and my people are from North Mexico/South Texas, and I know it's suicide to not protect our borders.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If you that lives on the border need help, just callk for it and a grand army shall amass!! I'll be there!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen and read all that crap about taking Texas back...Well believe you me they will find they are gonna need more resources than little old Mexico has...Texas aint going back...Besides what in the world are they gonna do with these states if they do take them back??? Turn them into part of a third world country too?? I think Texas would fair pretty well in the event of some suprise attack from Mexico...Heck look at the thread about the ETH Ranch shoot. Now you boys in CA. may be in trouble...We'll try and supply ya with some 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have seen and read all that crap about taking Texas back...Well believe you me they will find they are gonna need more resources than little old Mexico has...Texas aint going back...Besides what in the world are they gonna do with these states if they do take them back??? Turn them into part of a third world country too?? I think Texas would fair pretty well in the event of some suprise attack from Mexico...Heck look at the thread about the ETH Ranch shoot. Now you boys in CA. may be in trouble...We'll try and supply ya with some 30 rounders.
View Quote

I don't think you want to know how many 30 rounders i've got.

It would awe many people.

Thanks for the offer [:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As I said in another thread where I posted these URLS:  Get it straight from the horse's sphincter:

[url]www.aztlan.net[/url]
[url]www.aztlan.org[/url]

Before anybody says that I hate immigrants, let me remind them that I wasn't born here, my girlfriend wasn't born here, nor were 3 of the best Master Chiefs that I've ever known.  I just hate people who want to destroy this country, especially those that intend to do it by force.
View Quote

Nobody is saying that you hate immigrants, so there is no need to apologize for posting links to organizations like these.  I am an immigrant myself, love this country and detest those that would like to weaken or destroy it.

Having said that:
Aztlan is a crackpot organization.  There is no shortage of crackpot organizations in this country.  The fact that they may exist does not mean that their aims and objectives are shared by most people, even most Hispanic people, and that those aims and objectives are going to become reality anytime soon, or ever.  It is certainly useful to know that they exist, and what they are up to.  But let's not jump to the conclusion that they are a mortal threat to our nation.  They aren't.  These United States and the southwestern states are individually wealthier and more powerful than all of Mexico, and they aren't going to become part of Mexico if they have anything to say about it.  The Hispanic people who live in the southwestern states are well aware of the misery that they have escaped from, and aren't going to volunteer to rejoin it either.

So let's keep an eye on Aztlan and its ilk, but at this point, ridicule is probably appropriate and sufficient to take care of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#11]
We are in deep sh!t.
The tower are for tactical purpose.
I guess they are all sitting and waiting until the US Military is starched thin involved in global conflict.

Than they will flood us with human wave attack guided by the towers.

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#12]
So keep the lights broken.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We are in deep sh!t.
The tower are for tactical purpose.
I guess they are all sitting and waiting until the US Military is starched thin involved in global conflict.

Than they will flood us with human wave attack guided by the towers.

View Quote

That's nuts, if you ask me.

Again, I ask for refs/cites/links that show these towers, or anybody calling for a return of US *anything* to Mexico...

Well?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Now you boys down in the border states, somebody's got to have a 50 for those towers?!?!
....just kidding of course......[:D]  ............... [50]

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Again, I ask for refs/cites/links that show these towers, or anybody calling for a return of US *anything* to Mexico...
View Quote

Those towers were mentioned in yesterdays (Thursdays) Denver Rocky Mountain News. Solar powered glow-in-the-dark designs, to guide those poor undocumented workers to safety, and provide shelter, water and food.

Well, what?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#16]
When I was in high-school, we had a Mexican national that went to school for the "free" education.  As much as he leached from the U.S. taxpayers, he would constantly bad mouth the U.S. and rant about how superior Mexico was to the U.S.  But get this, he said that if the U.S. and Mexico were ever in a war, that Mexico would win.

Now having spent time in Mexico with their federales, I can tell you that the entire Mexican army couldn't take the armed [u]citizens[/u] in the U.S.  And if they [b]ever[/b] think they're going to "reclaim" Texas, they are fatally mistaken.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
[url]http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/home/article/0,1299,DRMN_1_1162315,00.html[/url]

Mexican government erects rescue towers to watch for migrants in danger
May 22, 2002

MONTERREY, Mexico- The Mexican government is erecting solar-powered rescue towers that will glow at night to help migrants lost in the desolate stretches of the Mexico-U.S. border, the director of the National Institute of Migration announced Wednesday.

Felipe de Jesus Preciado, speaking in Mexico City, said the 100-foot high towers will be visible from up to 6 miles away.

The stations will be equipped with information for locating water, food and shade. The units will offer maps to help migrants orient themselves and tell rescue authorities where they are. Mexico's rescue squad, Grupo Beta, will check the towers every two hours, Preciado said.

Since the U.S. Border Patrol started watching the 2,000-mile border more closely in the past decade, more than 300 illegal migrants have died each year while attempting to cross _ most from exposure or drowning.

The first of 10 towers will be erected in Altar, Mexico, across from the remote deserts of Arizona, the current hot spot for illegal border crossers.

Mexican officials also will be meeting with their U.S. counterparts this week in Tucson, Arizona, to share information on better ways to save migrants who have run into trouble.

The U.S. Border Patrol has been working on water-rescue training and equipping vehicles with lifesaving gear and emergency provisions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]
The invasion is already in full swing.  The idea is not a military take over.  It is a matter of shear numbers of illegals coming over and displacing citizens.  Then electing the appropriate officials etc. Give it 20 more years or less and we'll see a shift in the demographics.  Hell I live in Alabama and thanks to Tyson chicken plants there are more illegals than you shake a stick at......
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I was in high-school, we had a Mexican national that went to school for the "free" education.  As much as he leached from the U.S. taxpayers, he would constantly bad mouth the U.S. and rant about how superior Mexico was to the U.S.  But get this, he said that if the U.S. and Mexico were ever in a war, that Mexico would win.
View Quote

Yeah, have heard similar stories. I think we're taking care of more than our fair share of these "winners". He'd rather be in Mexico; DSAFALS would rather be in France; the "Muslim Youth" would rather be in Mecca or Israel fighting the good fight... Aargh! Get the fuck out you bastages!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Now having spent time in Mexico with their federales, I can tell you that the entire Mexican army couldn't take the armed [u]citizens[/u] in the U.S.  And if they [b]ever[/b] think they're going to "reclaim" Texas, they are fatally mistaken.

View Quote

Get this:  My U.S. History teacher in 9th grade was a naturalized Mexican national.  He would rant and rave at length about how Mexicans invented civilization, were superior, and other such diatribes.  I finally had enough and told him that if Mexico was so great and superior he should go back there, but either way no one wanted to hear his shit" got me kicked off the soccer team and almost suspended.  Had I not been brown and spoke a little spanish I would have been labelled a racist I'm sure.

Now granted, I'm all for loving where you come from, as I love Texas.  But to prosper because of the opportunity available in the US while there is none in your home country and still hold on to some feeling of superiority is a bit absurd.  I've been to Mexico many times, and I thank God every time that I was born on the North side of the border.

Soon, it will not matter.  The trending data shows that the Hispanic population of Texas is growing to become the most politically powerful segment of the population, and that's just the ones that can legally vote.  The opposing candidate for Texas Governor is Hispanic, and could likely win.  In 10 years, how many border states will be liberal?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Soon, it will not matter.  The trending data shows that the Hispanic population of Texas is growing to become the most politically powerful segment of the population, and that's just the ones that can legally vote.  The opposing candidate for Texas Governor is Hispanic, and could likely win.  In 10 years, how many border states will be liberal?
View Quote

Ah, but here is the rub - I don't believe that Hispanics are naturally liberal at all.  On the contrary, they tend to be family oriented and conservative.  Liberals tend to get a lot of their vote right now because of the way political alliances are.  But there is no reason to take this for granted.  In the last Texas election, GWB got something like 42% of the vote.

Traditionally, conservatives have made the mistake of writing off the Hispanic vote as belonging to the liberals. I believe that Hispanic voters are just as interested in the issues as anyone else.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ah, but here is the rub - I don't believe that Hispanics are naturally liberal at all.  On the contrary, they tend to be family oriented and conservative.  Liberals tend to get a lot of their vote right now because of the way political alliances are.  But there is no reason to take this for granted.  In the last Texas election, GWB got something like 42% of the vote.

Traditionally, conservatives have made the mistake of writing off the Hispanic vote as belonging to the liberals. I believe that Hispanic voters are just as interested in the issues as anyone else.
View Quote

Traditionally, hispanics are usually socially conservative, but the democrats pander to every so-called "disenfranchised" group and tell them how mistreated they are and how the democrats will be sure to give them money/affirmative action/quotas in exchange for their vote.  [b]The key to democratic sucess is to buy votes with taxpayer money.[/b]  The minorities that see through this ruse and vote to the contrary have my respect as independant thinkers because they've seen beyond the bait.

Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I think the government does not want to admit any problems on this matter. I do know and hate very much that TN has passed a law that allows illegals to have drivers license evan thought they have no id! Soon as they passed that evan more have moved to Chattanooga area from GA. Now lines at the driver license center are pasted with illagals who don't speak english. I bet us will take over mexico by force one day to sove this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I saw on the local Houston CBS affiliate that Mexico is planning on building huge glowing towers that can be seen 6 miles away to guide imigrants to maps, water, and other supplies who are trying to cross into the US and get lost...

The first one is to be built along the Mexico/Arizona border...
View Quote

[sniper][;D]

Officials are pulling their hair out & crapping in their pants trying to find the person/s responsible for repeatedly & persistently shooting out the light towers on the Mexico side of US-Mexico border at night. An official was quoted as saying, "These guys are totally flipping out. They make me want to crap in my pants & yank my pee-pee."

The wall along the Mexico border was recently graffitti'd w/ the logos: "Real Ultimate Power!" & "Revenge of the Mall Ninja". Officials are not sure if there is a connection.

[thinking]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#25]
[img]http://www.aztlan.net/wtcstamp.gif[/img]
Shown with pride on the Aztlan site

Also to be found there!
Osama bin Laden :
The "Pancho Villa" of Islam
by
Ernesto Cienfuegos
La Voz de Aztlan

Los Angeles, Alta California - 1/15/2002 - (ACN) "Villa is everywhere but Villa is nowhere" was the telegraphed message sent to Washington D. C. by General John J. Pershing after failing to capture the elusive and brilliant military strategist of the Mexican Revolution. Pershing and his Punitive Expedition, that included a young lieutenant by the name of George S. Patton, had gone deep into Mexico in search of General Francisco Villa after Villa and about 485 of his "Dorados del Norte" had successfully crossed the U.S./Mexico border and raided the small border town of Columbus, New Mexico on March 9, 1916 to collect a debt owed him by two unscrupulous, in Villa's own words, "judio" (jewish) brothers, Sam and Louis Ravel. The scammers had failed to deliver arms, ammunition and supplies they had been paid for with gold bars. The U.S. Army Punitive Expedition consisting of 10,000 troops went as far south as Parral, Chihuahua but gave up catching General Villa after an 11 month search. General Villa, "El Tigere del Norte", proved too evasive for John "Black Jack" Pershing. General Francisco Villa knew every rock, every stream, every cave, and every cactus of the immense sierra of Chihuahua.

Today, we are hearing similar accounts concerning the search for Osama bin Laden by the U.S. Special Forces expedition into Afghanistan under the command of General Tommy Franks. Yesterday General Franks as well as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) sent a message to President George Bush that they believe that Osama bin Laden has managed to escape. The message by the CIA said that Osama bin Laden may not be in Afghanistan or in Pakistan and that he may have escaped by sea. Like Pancho Villa, it looks like Osama bin Laden has outsmarted the U.S. military generals. Reports now being broadcast by the mainstream media say that Osama bin Laden fooled the CIA and Special Forces by "planting" videos as well as Osama bin Laden voice tape recordings that were used by Taliban soldiers over "cellular phone" communications to make the CIA think that he was at a certain location when in fact he was somewhere else. General Villa utilized similar tactics to fool Pershing. Pershing and the U.S. Punitive Expedition were chasing phantom Villas all over Chihuahua and finally became exhausted and gave up. His last telegraph to Woodrow Wilson was "Villa is everywhere but Villa is nowhere".

There are other uncanny similarities between Osama bin Laden and Francisco Villa. Both are revered by the common people of each respective community. Both are seen as Robin Hoods by the poor and oppressed. Both were construction contractors at one time in their lives. Francisco Villa was a general contractor on the construction of the railroad through Chihuahua's majestic Copper Canyon. Both Osama bin Laden and General Francisco Villa were indirectly fighting those whom they perceived to be lackeys of the United States. General Villa was fighting Venustanio Carranza, who had a cozy "sellout" relationship with Woodrow Wilson, and Osama bin Laden is fighting the Saudi Royalty who have a very cozy relationship with US oil interests to the detriment of the overall disenfranchised Arab population.

Cont...
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#26]
The U.S. military expedition to capture Francisco Villa was doomed to failure because Pershing and his Punitive Expedition where unfamiliar with the territory, were up against a very clever military genius, and were operating within a very hostile local population who had come to see the revolutionary as a folk hero and national symbol of defying America. General Francisco Villa was seen by Mexicans as a clear winner, emerging triumphant from a battle with the powerful United States and assumed legendary status that endures till this day. It certainly appears today, that Osama bin Laden is headed for the very same legendary and folk hero status in Islam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top