Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 12:38:23 PM EDT
These fools who rent a home across the alley are always out back shooting air rifles.  No biggy until i found holes in two of my windows.

So I called the P.D. who took the report, went over and talked to them.  The officer got them to admit to it and pay me the value of the two damaged pieces of glass.  unbelievable.

The officer said they were affraid of being evicted (they rent the house), so they coughed up the Money.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So all's well that ends well?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#2]
invite them to the range. once they see your hardware, they'll be more careful of your windows.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't invite them anywhere.  They should not know what kinds of weapons you have in your house...that is inviting trouble in the form of a mysterious burglary.  Besides, if they aren't concerned about where the bb's/pellets go, then they probably have no sense of gun safety and would be a danger to themselves and other shooters.  The latter point can be fixed with instruction, but the former still remains an issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a keg of beer, invite a few dozen of us AR15'ers over and hold a massive 'black rifle cleaning convention' in your back yard (in full view of your college neighbors). That should get them to find the errors of their ways
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1. Buy bagpipe
2. Keep track of when young punks go out drinking
3. Commence practice early the next morning.
View Quote

Love this idea!!! Put on a little Ashley McIssac at full throttle (try "Wingstock")!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
invite them to the range. once they see your hardware, they'll be more careful of your windows.
View Quote

I second this. College students don't have the balls to burgarlerize anyone. Sure we may steal toilet paper from the dorms or mugs from the bar but no student is gonna commit a B&E and steal firearms.

You might be able to change the minds of future antis before it is too late.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Sneak over one night and dig a grave sized hole on their property.

They are college kids and will be smart enough to get the message.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm putting in french drains with a mattock and shovel. You aint done much digging with hand tools have you sir?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I second this. College students don't have the balls to burgarlerize anyone. Sure we may steal toilet paper from the dorms or mugs from the bar but no student is gonna commit a B&E and steal firearms.

You might be able to change the minds of future antis before it is too late.
View Quote

I disagree.... must be a nice little slice of paradise you live in... the college kids around here have done some pretty bad stuff on occassion.
View Quote

College kids will do asshole stuff, but very, very few of them are gonna commit felonies. Besides most of them can just get money from mommy and daddy if they need it. Why bother stealing ? That would be work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Two words (or is it one?):

Counter-sniper.

[(:)]

Have fun!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Get the urge to mow your lawn at 7AM Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't do anything rash. Were they genuinely apologetic, was it a mistake, were they being deliberately malicious? Account for stuff like that when you deal with them.

And mow your lawn at 7am Saturdays.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a .22 cal pistol that I'd go window for window with 'em if it continued.  If they really piss you off start shooting their neon beer signs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Markm, what you need to do is.......before we all head out for the AZ shoot (bwwaahhaa, like there will ever be one) we will assemble in your backyard and display and clean our hardware for the offending college pukes to see.
[:D]
My guess is they will call you "sir" from that point on.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Buy a keg of beer, invite a few dozen of us AR15'ers over and hold a massive 'black rifle cleaning convention' in your back yard (in full view of your college neighbors). That should get them to find the errors of their ways
View Quote

Cleaning my AR-15 on the balcony of my house while the neighborhood thug and his friends played basketball across the street and inviting all my out of town gun friends to stay at the house for the next big gun show caused the mysterious broken bottles under my sattelite dish and trash in yard to disappear.  Last I heard, the thug was doing a 30yr stint in prison, though I've been unable to find out what he did.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Somehow, I think davelasso is behind this vandalism!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#19]
The officer said the guy seemed sincere in his regret.  I don't think it'll be a problem anymore.

I was red hot when I first found the damage. I went to get my air rifle but fortunately I am long out of BB's.  Thus I had time to cool off and just call the P.D.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

you both give me strange new ideas[X]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm putting in french drains with a mattock and shovel. You aint done much digging with hand tools have you sir?
View Quote

Actually I know quite a bit about digging holes by hand...
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LABlOx4O0SUf4r33z66I*xtXbedu0SmWRSS1kakGArkqTnm!CzeU9QBKFOUsZ77nPQNYaT5GbMA/0028.jpg[/img]

[joe pesci]I don't care I'll dig the fricking hole. Thinks it's the first hole I've ever dug?[/joe pesci]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
1. Buy bagpipe
2. Keep track of when young punks go out drinking
3. Commence practice early the next morning.
View Quote

I'd love that. I'm Scotch-Irish. Bagpipers are music to my ears[:D]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Actually I know quite a bit about digging holes by hand...
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LABlOx4O0SUf4r33z66I*xtXbedu0SmWRSS1kakGArkqTnm!CzeU9QBKFOUsZ77nPQNYaT5GbMA/0028.jpg[/img]

[joe pesci]I don't care I'll dig the fricking hole. Thinks it's the first hole I've ever dug?[/joe pesci]
View Quote

Isn't your ex-wife missing????
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These fools who rent a home across the alley are always out back shooting air rifles.  No biggy until i found holes in two of my windows.

So I called the P.D. who took the report, went over and talked to them.  The officer got them to admit to it and pay me the value of the two damaged pieces of glass.  unbelievable.

The officer said they were affraid of being evicted (they rent the house), so they coughed up the Money.  
View Quote

buy some blanks and shoot the blanks at them if there are anymore holes.  if they call the Police, demand proof and make counter accusations
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#26]
SteyrAUG

That pic looks like you have had some sewer problems

I would go over and talk with them and let the know you know they are young and stupid, you are not.

College kids steal all the figgen time. Dont let them know what you have unless the dog is home all day. This is something I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SteyrAUG

That pic looks like you have had some sewer problems

View Quote

NOPE. Anthrax Trench.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top