Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2002 8:49:24 PM EDT
Hello people.

I just saw some topics on CCW stuff, that you have to tell the police if you have concealed weapon in your car.

I don't have CCW and does not plan to carry weapon in ready-to-fire status, but I usually carry my AR-15s and shotguns on weekends in my trunk without having cartridges in them. Of course that's when I'm going to the range or coming from range. I do not regularly carry rifles.

What am I supposed to do if I'm stopped by a cop because of speeding or something else? Do I need to tell them that I have rifles in my trunk?

Thanks in advance. I'm a totally newbie in this kind of matter...
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Try [url]www.packing.org[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't stop...that is what they do in California.

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
just take out the firing pin and technically it is not a "fire arm." In texas i dont have to worry about it, but other places say you can have "firearms."  My advice is use technicallities.  take out the firing pin therefore if the police see it, its not technically a fire arm.  keep the pin near by though.  or just seperate the bolt carrier group from the gun.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
just take out the firing pin and technically it is not a "fire arm." In texas i dont have to worry about it, but other places say you can have "firearms."  My advice is use technicallities.  take out the firing pin therefore if the police see it, its not technically a fire arm.  keep the pin near by though.  or just seperate the bolt carrier group from the gun.
View Quote

IMHO, Technically, a stripped lower receiver (AR) is a firearm....If it wasnt, they could sell you a "firing pinless" ar with no background check...

BTW, Not all states require notifying LEO of weapon status...If not...I am with Mr bee...You have the right to stfu, use it.......
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The Beekeeper's advice seems sound.

I don't know about your state, but in Mass. any firearms licence, from FID to CCW is tagged to your plate number so they know anyway.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
just take out the firing pin and technically it is not a "fire arm."
View Quote

Just a word of caution. If you take the fp out of an AR and the cam pin works its way out of the bolt carrier, the only way to remove the locked bolt is to take off the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
... it ain't no thang here
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
One of the members here recently (last six months) learned just how fanatically insane police can be when guns are involved.  Dig around for some threads on what happened to "oneshot1kill".

IIRC, he was:  searched, had his rifle confiscated, had his house searched, was arrested, had a whole herd of trumped-up nonsense charges filed against him, had to fight them with an attorney, and eventually pled them down to a statutory violation (less than a misdemeanor) -- which he was not guilty of, but he had a choice between spending thousands of dollars to continue the fight, or giving the New Rochelle Police Department their minor little victory to assuage their desire for his blood.

Eventually, several months later, he finally got his rifle back.  It is unusual for the police to ever give them up;  usually they are taken and destroyed (or end up in a cop's closet at home).
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

As a Texas boy also, dont go on that basis like I used to to. I found out , yeah , there are the state laws and there are city laws, dont be a victim of the latter. I lucked out and had a cool cop and a business card of where I worked, a gun shop,with my name on it. Thank God. He said its not serious but it gets you a ride, to me thats serious. Thats all!
GG
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of the members here recently (last six months) learned just how fanatically insane police can be when guns are involved.  Dig around for some threads on what happened to "oneshot1kill".

IIRC, he was:  searched, had his rifle confiscated, had his house searched, was arrested, had a whole herd of trumped-up nonsense charges filed against him, had to fight them with an attorney, and eventually pled them down to a statutory violation (less than a misdemeanor) -- which he was not guilty of, but he had a choice between spending thousands of dollars to continue the fight, or giving the New Rochelle Police Department their minor little victory to assuage their desire for his blood.

Eventually, several months later, he finally got his rifle back.  It is unusual for the police to ever give them up;  usually they are taken and destroyed (or end up in a cop's closet at home).
View Quote

You are so full of crap 74.

His problem had to do soly with living in New York State.

If he moved a few miles south to PA no one would have ever noticed.

And quit making your dumb ass blanket statments, you are not going to get your guns confiscated for someone just seeing them in the REAL United States. Come to AZ sometime and see for yourself... there are a handful of states that ILLEGALLY hastle gun owners yeah, that is not the whole United States nor does it represent the TREND in the nation anymore by far...
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You are so full of crap 74.
View Quote

Hi, [:K]!   [moon]

P.S. -- That's "71".  Learn to count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top