Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 11:54:36 AM EDT
does anyone here read this mag?  i wanted to get one the other day, but my mom said no.  she says it is because they advertise guns for hire and stuff like that.  basically where you can hire some one to kill someone for you.  i dont belive her and she said if i want to buy it, it has to be when i am 18 (6 months away)and with my own $$.  is this true about the mag?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
NO IT"S NOT TRUE.
SOF has changed a lot in recent years, it's not like it used to, and i would have no problem letting anyone know i read it. i agree, it USED to be like that, but it's rather tame now, and there haven't been "guns for hire" ads for like 15 years i think, (if there ever was, as long as i have read it, there has been nothing like that)
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems to me that several years ago I saw a classified wanting a (I think the wording was) banjo picker, I've also seen classified ads that seemed a little conspiracy-theoryish to me (one moniker asking another moniker to contact them ASAP).

Nothing too bad, however I personally reguard the mag as a tabloid type "rag".

Jake
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, its not what it used to be.  I have a bunch of old issues from back in the 70's and 80's with the ads from Irv Kahn, when Kokalis wrote for SoF, but now its like GSG9 called it - just another useless gun rag.  If you want to get something worth your time and money, try Small Arms Review.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Citabria7GCBC,
Your mom seems to know a lot about SOF. Did she used to have a subscription or does she read it currently and not tell?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top