Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 11:18:53 AM EDT
I have read several reports here over the past couple of weeks about Mexican troops crossing the border. Well, on Friday a Humvee load of these Mexican soldiers crossed into Arizona and at about 5 miles inside the border fired upon a border patrol officer. His windshield was left with a bullet hole in it as well as a tire hit. What the hell is going on here? It sounds to me like these guys are running cover for someone. Could it be drug runners? Terrorists? Maybe this explains the cyanide stuff that's been going on. I think our government needs to start paying more attention to what's happening around our borders than what's happening overseas. At least beef up the number of border patrol officers if not using National Guard units or something. We can't allow this to continue.

Whatever the case, I think the next time armed Mexican troops cross our borders and act in a threatening manner, we should leave some of their body parts strewn across the landscape. BTW, I heard this story on the O' Reilly radio show earlier today. I am shocked that the rest of the media has not been covering this. What do you folks think about this situation?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The hand wringers will/would be all over anyone who proposes defending our border with Mexico.

Can't you hear it: "They're poor & we're so rich", "They only want to work", "They only want a better life", etc. etc. etc.

Clearly they're running some sort of smuggling cover op. SOF magazine ran a nice story series about the BP & the bullshit they have to go through on a daily basis.

Pity some of us can't take some vacation time & do a little border patrolling ourselves as a supplement to the real BP. Wonder what the Mexican bandits would think about a little live action with some folks that can shoot accurately?  >evil grin<
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.tucsoncitizen.com/local/breaking/5_21_02border.html[/url]

AV-8B Harrier IIs would be perfect down there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am shocked that the rest of the media has not been covering this. What do you folks think about this situation?
View Quote

I'm not. Been watching what stories they choose to cover and leave out for some time now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
i'd like to see what explanation the mexican government offers before jumping to conclusions. although if i'd been patrolling that particular bit of border, i certainly would have returned fire, and requested backup.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
well folks,

i live near the border where these Mexican cops/military are coming in our country....

myself & several friends have discussed the concept of say 5 of us going to the border wyth our AR-15s, making damn shure we on our side & killing a few of those INVADERS into our country.......

my question is this: what do you thynk wud happen to us if we done such a thyng ??

don't fire off an emotional note, thynk of the legalitys & the thwarting the invasion of foreign nationals......

i am almost certain it wud be considered murder, but the thot of it all is good food for thot....... [:D]

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
You would think that California would arrest these troops when they cross into California for importing assault weapons. F*^C-no, they send them back. Unlike what happens to our guys.
BTW, this happens more frequently than what is typically reported in the news.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#9]
This sounds like an excellent venue for training snipers and other special ops forces.  Just need to get the Banditos to invade on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well folks,

i live near the border where these Mexican cops/military are coming in our country....

myself & several friends have discussed the concept of say 5 of us going to the border wyth our AR-15s, making damn shure we on our side & killing a few of those INVADERS into our country.......

my question is this: what do you thynk wud happen to us if we done such a thyng ??

don't fire off an emotional note, thynk of the legalitys & the thwarting the invasion of foreign nationals......

i am almost certain it wud be considered murder, but the thot of it all is good food for thot....... [:D]

Are you talking about shooting the Mexican cops or shooting illegal immigrants here?

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Rik
Mexican cops & military.......!!

the dave,
lets see now, if we were down there varmit hunting & were attacked & if there are 3 or 4 dead mexicans & we tell the same story about being attacked & had to defend ourselves......., well, take it from there.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:09:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#14]
What about if they are smuggling terrorists into our country with those patrols, giving the terrorist cover??

Ben
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL!!!!!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

LOOK!!!!!!THEY'RE COMING STRAIGHT FOR US!!!!!!LOLOLOL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Napalm!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Border rats(I'm from Del Rio)have long known that the eliments of the Mexican Army in conjunction wiith the Texas National Guard move and protect drug shipments. Some poor Border Patrol must have gotten too close and mistakenly thought they were supposed to challenge them. This has happened many times.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#19]
No wonder the media won't cover it.If that's the case then i say waste the burritos cause who's gonna defend a drug trafficer?Just police your brass(give a hoot.....don't pollute)
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Of course, we could just invade, take over the country, and then make it the 51st state, then they could become citizens and pay taxes and social security like the rest of us.
View Quote

Yeah, but then they'd vote, and would probably lean to the left.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rik

the dave,
lets see now, if we were down there varmit hunting & were attacked & if there are 3 or 4 dead mexicans & we tell the same story about being attacked & had to defend ourselves......., well, take it from there.....
View Quote

Well, when the media finds out that you are using an instrument of unstoppable killing power like that of an AR15, you would be toast.  The Mexican soldiers would be portrayed as a bunch of poor, innocent victims who stumbled across the border on one of their many flower picking trips.  You guys would be portrayed as a bunch of right wing bigotted extremists hell bent on inflicting death and destruction on the defenseless country of Mexico.  Plus, after the story hit the news, you would have every self righteous liberal and Mexican "immigrant" picketing in front of your house.  

Believe me though, I would love to do a little border patroling myself.  I just wish that Bush had the balls to deploy the military to help in border enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Mickey Mouse,
i lyke napalm too !![:D]

marvl,
we at least have one politician on our side & he comes from Colo. i do not recall his name, but he is asking for a full investigation & demanding Mexico answer to these incursions....

trust me...!!! there is nothyng i wud lyke better than to shoot down one of those Mexican  helicopters...... & it crashes on USA territory !!

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I suspect that these Mexican troops (And they are reportedly army troops.) just might be providing cover for smugglers...possibly coyotes bringing illegals into the USA, but more likely dopers.  This should not be a surprise to anyone who has followed Mexican politics, since a large number of pols and government officials are on the payroll of the dope cartels.  Think they don't wield incredible power?  Just remember the time the honest candidate (and crime fighter) for mayor of Tijuana was assassinated in broad daylight, in a crowd, while kissing babies a few years ago.  The killer was immediately caught...and he was no nutcase...but a soldier of the cartels.  That is power.  It was later found that the gang that called the shots had most of the rest of the local, state and federal politicians in their pocket, all the way up to El Presidente Salinas...the head of the PRI...the then ruling party!

I doubt seriously if these incursions and the attacks are accidental; not today with the easy availability of GPS and NODs.  They KNOW where they are and they PURPOSELY shot at the Border Patrol.

Some years ago in the early '90s, the Border Patrol was heavily augmented by members of the military.  For example, teams of Marines were stationed along the CA border for a time.  One evening a young Mexican sheperd took a shot at some Marines with his .22 cal bolt action rifle.  The Marines returned fire with their .22[3] rifles.  The shepherd missed...the Marines didn't...and the teenage herdsman died.  The dustup over that mishap was something to see.  The Mexicans on both sides of the border were outraged and predictably, the Clinton administration headed for the hills and ended the armed patrols of our border.  (Votes anyone?)

I believe it is time to re-institute those patrols.  I would up the ante by putting Army scout units with Bradleys and Marines in LAVs on patrol.  Mounted infantry is far more mobile.
I would also seed the areas with ground sensors and use non-organic sensors to locate those invaders.  I would then approach the invaders with warning red, weapons tight (ready but do not fire unless fired upon...essentially cocked and locked) and demand their immediate surrender.  I would have video cameras running the entire time.  IF the Mexicans fire on me...I take them out...with TOWs, 25mm Bushmaster cannon, Ma Deuce or by armed helos.  Whatever.  Just a FEW of these clowns get whacked, the problem goes away.

[50]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I nominate LWilde for Homeland Security Director.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Rik

the dave,
View Quote

Based on the experiences of a few others around this area, I am afraid you would be in serious trouble with the law.
Of course, if you could get a good lawyer and a decent jury, what am I talking about? You'd be screwed. Probably have to sell everything you own to pay the families of these innocents
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Wasted,
i know all that, but sometymes i just get so frustrated that i belive it wud be worth it to create an international incident to possibly wake some folks up......

where in "Zonieland" are you ?????

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
And they say there is no legitimate use for a .50 cal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Some years ago in the early '90s, the Border Patrol was heavily augmented by members of the military.  For example, teams of Marines were stationed along the CA border for a time.  One evening a young Mexican sheperd took a shot at some Marines with his .22 cal bolt action rifle.  The Marines returned fire with their .22[3] rifles.  The shepherd missed...the Marines didn't...and the teenage herdsman died.  The dustup over that mishap was something to see.  
View Quote

Actually, the "Mexican" sheperd was an 18-year-old Texas high school student.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/US/9705/21/briefs.pm/marines.man/[/url]
[url]http://www.dpft.org/hernandez/gallery/[/url]

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Sure you might get in trouble if you reported the incident, but... there are all sorts of unsavory types out there. Who's to say they didn't get shot at by drug smugglers?

Use AK's, not AR's... nobody ever has to know.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sure you might get in trouble if you reported the incident, but... there are all sorts of unsavory types out there. Who's to say they didn't get shot at by drug smugglers?

View Quote

when ever I see a response like this I get a tear in my eye..... Lets me know there is still hope...[:d]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

And wear gloves when you load magazines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top