Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2001 7:17:22 AM EDT
What are these dumb@ss' thinking now? Just trying to screw the gun and sporting goods stores. This place is turning into a D.C. with rampant crime.

[url]http://www.latimes.com:80/news/state/20010329/t000027088.html[/url]

City Council OKs Two Gun Measures

From Times Staff Reports

The City Council on Wednesday gave final approval to two ordinances banning the
                                                       sale of small guns called "pocket rockets" and requiring purchasers of other firearms to
                                                       provide thumbprints.
                                                            By a 9-2 vote, the council agreed to prohibit the sale of handguns smaller than 6 and
                                                       three-quarter inches long and 4 and one-fifth inches high. Such guns also are known as
                                                       "ultra compact" weapons, which authorities say are easily concealed and often used in
                                                       crimes.
                                                            The council also voted 9 to 1 to require thumbprints from gun buyers to help
                                                       prosecutors identify felons and others who are not allowed to carry firearms. Both
                                                       ordinances received preliminary approval from the council last week.
                                                            Meanwhile, city lawmakers are expected to vote next Tuesday on several measures
                                                       that would restrict the sale of ammunition in Los Angeles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/state/20010329/t000027088.html[/url]

I had a hard time getting the url to work.  This seems to work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
My mom lives in Kalif. and she has not so far been hit with blackouts.  but they are predicting that to happen this summer.  
I worry about her very much.  She does have a gun; and knows how to use it.  Just wish I was there to protect her. [:(]
Kevin
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
These are the same morons who named Japanese sport motorcycles "crotch rockets" and semi-automatic rifles "assault weapons".

I can see that every gun shop in the surrounding citys of LA will be increasing their sales of these sub-compact firearms.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet they will see crime decrease becuase of there stupid law. YEH RIGHT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The Liberal Left loves to use language against us.
A sexy term somehow takes away people's ability to to reason.
If anything, a palm size .32 is a lot less dangerous than a full size .45 in a back holster.
Just like the Nazi's, send people to the camps one ethnic group at a time, and there is not a lot of protest.
Us blue collar Democrats need to take back the party. Elect in the primaries the true blue Democrats.
[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top