Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/21/2002 6:39:57 PM EDT
If the worse ever does happen is there a place in this country we will all meet. A region of a state maybe? Are there areas in each state  that we would gather in a defensive posture?

United we stand, divided we fall.

Possibly an AR15.com  team leader in each state who is able to communicate with their counter parts in other states. Perhaps a slow and deliberate migration to a specific region or state. What would be best?
Things could get really shitty in the next few years with "dirty" bombs and all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be honored by that selection, as my great, great great grandfather was honored as head of the Texas State Guard, District 2, located in Wise County, while his son (my great, great grandfather) was off in Tennessee and Virginia fighting for his native State!

I know the area like the back of my hand and have enough arms to equip a small battalion!

I accept the appointment![:D]

Eric The(JustCallMeCap'nHun)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sho' nuff!

The Farm it be!

Eric The(Hospitable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats the password?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Have preparations been made to keep the supply of CLP and kettle corn flowing ?????
[:O]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Password: Lightning

Counter: Thunder

Commit it to memory, as I will delete this post momentarily.[:D]

All you other folks, avert your eyes!

Eric The(Clueless)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I wondered how long it would take until this question was asked. From the time I thought to myself, WHEN WILL I SEE THIS , till the time it actually ocurred, 5 MOnths (approximately).
hahahah, I already knew what that answer was to.

hahah. Now that is what I call Foresight.

I think I will just stay in Oklahoma.  But Hay, give me a shortwave frequency so I can keep tabs on you guys, and if you need to be resupplied. hahaha.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Read part of War Day (if not the whole book) for info on what even minor nuclear striek could be like ...

Where is this location in Tejas...?

Ted...
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Can we stop by Angeols's on the way?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Granted, [b]Benjamin0001![/b]

Stop by Angelo's? Hell, [b]1GUNRUNNER[/b] I'm bringing the Angelo crew with me to be our cooks!

We gotta enough wildlife to keep a dozen cooks busy!

[b]Phonegunner[/b], just get to the intersection of Texas State Hwy 6 and Hwy 70 in the Panhandle and the natives will direct you to Fort Hun on the Pease!

Eric The(NeverTooEarlyToStartPlanning)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
My family has ~6000 acres of land in Southern Georgia - that's where I would be. Totally self sufficient, including raising chickens, growing peanuts, cotton, and corn, several ponds with good sized fish, a skeet range, horses, quale hunting, a lodge, 4-wheelers, and more. It's the family "compound"....

And last time I checked, citizens can have Class III stuff in Georgia...

Check it out: [url]http://www.dapady.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My family has ~6000 acres of land in Southern Georgia - that's where I would be. Totally self sufficient, including raising chickens, growing peanuts, cotton, and corn, several ponds with good sized fish, a skeet range, horses, quale hunting, a lodge, 4-wheelers, and more. It's the family "compound"....

And last time I checked, citizens can have Class III stuff in Georgia...

Check it out: [url]http://www.dapady.com[/url]
View Quote

How close to a populated area is your place??  Going to be lots of desperate folks on the prowl.

**BTW bookmarked that site.  Looks like a fine setup.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Way to go, [b]58sniper[/b], it looks like the Deep South Republic of AR15.comdom is well anchored!

Give 'em Hell, Boyz!

Eric The(RebelThen,RebelNow)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]Calhoun County[/b] is a great location in South Georgia!

Don't forget those 'Sherman Bowties' when you see the foes a'coming!

Eric The(I'veGotKinInThatTherePartOfGeorgia!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Rainman, I'll meet you down by Mt. Ranier, by that tree, near the rock.

Seriously though, I think in this hypothetical situation, the best laid plans may be spur of the moment plans ;)

I'm gonna take the test tomorrow for my amateur radio FCC license (I know, who cares in a SHTF situation) and that should help me start practicing regional communication.

If we go down to Texas, should we bring our own "not so hot" sauce? Not sure what form of Montezuma's revenge we could be facing ;)
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna stay at home. Dial 911 and wait for the cops to show up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Post from JAFO -
If we go down to Texas, should we bring our own "not so hot" sauce? Not sure what form of Montezuma's revenge we could be facing ;)
View Quote

Not to worry, my friend!

We can just 'cut' the regular hottern' hell picante sauce with some regular ketchup at the rate of one part to five parts, and you folks from the Great Northwest will have no problem at all!

My granddaughter and grandson were both eating my hottern' hell picante sauce when they were still in diapers and they both turned out well, thank you!

Eric The('Course,I'MBiased)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Y'all don't count us Tennessee folks out just yet!!!We have a pretty big farm(nowhere near 6k acres though)that will tide us over till the dust settles.Would like to come visit you folks in Texas if possible after things cool off.How's about it ETH? Could you use a highly trained "redneck army"of about 20 to 25 men?

BTW;we will bring our own food,clothes,weapons,artillery and ammo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#21]
[b] When The SHTF Will We All Meet In Texas?[/B]

[B]rainman[/B], my first reaction when clicking on this thread was that you were  asking a religious question — as in, "When I die, will I go to Texas?"

Then again, if the S H's TF as hard as some folks think it will, maybe we WILL all meet there someday![:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm gonna take the test tomorrow for my amateur radio FCC license (I know, who cares in a SHTF situation) and that should help me start practicing regional communication.
View Quote

That will be when it is most important.  The shortwave bands become very important in disaster situations.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought you were comin' to my house, lt.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Texas has a grand history of accepting Volunteers from the Great State of Tennessee!

Do we need to go through that illustrious list together? [:D]
Could you use a highly trained "redneck army"of about 20 to 25 men?
View Quote

Undoubtedly!

Just remember that when you leave Tennessee, to scratch [b]'G T T'[/b] on your cabin doors, so that your friends and loved ones will know that you've

[size=4]Gone To Texas![/size=4]

It's historical![:D]

What was it that the Hon. David Crockett said?

Oh yes, 'Y'all can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas!'

Eric The(Ahh,Don'tYouJustLoveIt?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#25]
The south is always prepared for SHTF type events...Hey ETH how many ya lettin into the compound???
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That will be when it is most important.  The shortwave bands become very important in disaster situations.
View Quote

Benjamin0001, I didn't really mean that the radio or knowing how to use it won't be important. I just meant the FCC license wouldn't be all that important in a real bad situation.

I think a well organized plan would be for EVERYONE to have some type of radio. A 3 tier system would probably suffice, with people that don't want technician class radios at least having personal radios, to get relays from the techs, who could get relays from the SW guys with the full range equipment.

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Post from Tony68136 -
The south is always prepared for SHTF type events...Hey ETH how many ya lettin into the compound???
View Quote

As many as can get there!

Come early, come late, but just get there.

You will see what we mean.

Eric The(OldTimeTexan)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#29]
First let me say that I have nothing aginst Texas, but as for a SHTF meeting place it is a bad idea.

Reasons:
1) What else can we hunt for food besides rattle snake?
2)With Mexico on the bottom and a border on top with East and West sides nothing but water, there is no escape route.
3)No cover. ex: No moutains or thick forests.

Edited to add #4) 83 barrels of missing Cyanide in that area.

My suggestion would be a more centralized location with terrain, and more readily available food.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Might I remind you [b]GC456[/b] that the last Battle of the War Between the States was fought at Palmetto Ranch near Brownsville, almost two weeks after Appomattox, and the Rebs won that battle?

So much for an invasion by a big angry federal government.

Rattlesnakes? Yeah we kill them but unless you are really, really hungry, you won't want to eat them!

We are protected from the South by a pretty big patch of desert that even today, illegals have a problem getting through.

And the success ratio for deer hunting across the state is the envy of most deer hunting states!

And cattle on a thousand hills.

And wild turkey, fowl, waterfowl, wild boar, fish of all kinds, and more such game as you can imagine!

Eric The(WeEatWellOffTheLandInTexas-HellWeWereDoingItJustAGenerationBeforeMine!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Geez, EricThe[MyDoorIsAlwaysOpen]Hun, sounds like youse gonna have lots of company someday. Sorry if I caused you any problems. Guess I'll have to show up and help things run smooth.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#32]
As a fellow Confederate (we are a dying breed)myself I am not in anyway poking fun or trying to steal your thunder.  I have never been to Texas, but I sure would like to visit one day.  And I understand that you are much more knowledgable about the game and potential food than I am.

However you only answered one of my 4 points.

Perhaps we can talk about this more at the BRC over a frosty beverage.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#33]
i think we should arange a  meet in Texas for a future date somtime this summer.  maybe on July 4th to celibrate independance.  unfortunatly i cannot offer to hold such a meet due to limited space, so  if some one would like to possable volunteer to take over the planning that would be great. assuming ofcourse everyone thinks it is a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks ETH!!It's good to know that Texas hasn't forgotten the "Volunteers" that started the whole thing.

GO TEXAS!!(and TENNESSEE!!)
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#37]
THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL
THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL!!

JOHN HAS A LONG MUSTACHE!
JOHN HAS A LONG MUSTACHE!

BROUHAHA HAS A MASSIVE STASH!
BROUHAHA HAS A MASSIVE STASH... Oh sorry
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#38]
All I gotta say is if we EVER HAVE TWOTWAWKI, well... It's damn good to have lots of friends.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#40]
ill try to make it if im not vapor

living near a missle factory and a AFB id probly be hosed when SHTF
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#41]
CYRAX777
In this war the only people that are safe is the Military, go figure??!! The terrorists will only pick on easy prey like the scum sucking parasites they are.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
F%$k Texas and meet in Arizona!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

UH OH!!!   Now you've done it![%|]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

UH OH!!!   Now you've done it![%|]
View Quote

LotBoy, I know that it was said in friendly way and with a smile on your face as you said it.  The hospitality is appreciated, but I (like most Texans) don't keep a passport to travel outside of the country to get to a state....we've never seen a need to travel much outside of Texas.

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, wait 'till the SHTF nad the national power grid goes down. See how long you like summer in Texas without cold beer or A/C. [:)]

I'll stay up here somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, thank you very much. Moderate climate, rugged terrain, plenty of natural cover, abundant wildlife.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top