Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 4:51:21 PM EDT
OK, not really.  What I did do was build my 5 yr old a S&W look alike with 1" Sch40 PVC.  for $10 and a few minutes with a hacksaw and drill, you can make 2 pretty decent toy SMG's.  I still need to spray paint it.  There's nothing like your son telling you you're cool.  I used a T for the mag well and a T to mount the pistol grip.  I made it where I can take off the standard barrel and replace it with a silencer - 1.5 or 2" PVC.  I've not made the "can" yet.  I didn't use cement. The friction when you hammer it together keeps it together.  And if you twist the pistol grip 90 degrees, you get the Sten/Sterling look, and another 90 degree twist and you get the Austen?/F1 look.  Wasn't that the name of the Australian SMG with the top mounted mag?  I "ventilated" the barrel shroud with a 1/4" bit for that M76/M1919 look and put a "cap" on the end of the barrel and drilled it out for the "exit hole".  I should have made one of these a long time ago.  I used to make them out of wood.  New design - no splinters. Just remember to use your imagination.  If you don't like Smith and Wesson due to the sell out, call it a Carl G from your SF/Vietnam days.  I'm even thinking about putting a spring in it with a cocking handle and safety cut out ala Sten where he can at least pull back the handle and let it go.  He's already asked for a scope so I had to jury rig a zero power red dot sight on it(toilet paper roll and tape).  

jd1  
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The owen??

[img]http://www.soft.net.uk/entrinet/images/pictures2/owengun2.jpg[/img]

Or the F1?
[img]http://www.soft.net.uk/entrinet/images/pictures/Lithgow.GIF[/img]

My Dad who was a blacksmith built me a nice M3 when I was a kid out of coke cans!!

It was beautiful!!

I built my son a Browning 1919 with spring loaded cocking handle and spade grips for the top of his slide tower on his play centre.

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that's the one.  I used to be able to rattle off gun names like an encyclopedia.  I was just too lazy to stroll across the living room and pick up one of my reference books.  I was right about the F1, though.  It's the modern version.  I may do an M3.  It would be easy.  Just use a coupler and a smaller barrel.  The design today was just easy - only 1 size pipe to buy.  I already have a potato cannon.  Now that's a blast.  Pun intended.

jd1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top