Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 3:34:57 PM EDT
Can someone fill me in on what happened to the anthrax problem of last year.  It seems that no one is interested anymore, the media has dropped it, and there's little commentary by anybody from gov.org.

Last I heard, the source of the anthrax that killed those people was domestic.  

Is that true, and does that imply domestic terrorism?  Is that why there's no interest from gov.org?

Why is there no attention being paid to this in the media?

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Its not infecting or killing people anymore so you don't here anything about it.  Treating antrax is pretty simple so its not seen as a threat now.  Its not the best thing to use for a terror attack.  There are a lot nastier things out there.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
A few day ago I read a news article about this.  I cannot find the link now.

Following the leads of suspected people has fallen through with no results.  Now they are either about to, or seriously considering giving polygraph tests to all those in the United States that have had access to those particular strains of Anthrax and those who could deliver a weapons grade version of it.

I wish I had the link.  I believe it was msn news.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The silence from the media AND the government is deafening!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top