Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2011 3:41:09 PM EDT
I'm watching this video called What in the World Are They Spraying?. In it they claim that the aluminum sprayed from airplanes(chemtrails) settles on trees and that that is what has been causing these forest fires to be worse than normal. Now I know that chemtrails are bunk, But I'm wondering if Aluminum powder would actually have that effect. Anyone know anything about this?

AD
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Powder which is fine enough to act as an effective pyrophoric would be too light to settle on trees in a sufficent concentration to yield the desired effect.  It'd disperse very widely in the slightest breeze,  and the resultant burn enhancing properties would be negligible.

911 troofers, flat earthers, chemtrail idiots, moon troofers, and those who really believe in astrology are the five brands of humans that are competing madly for the "most stupid kind of human" prize.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't want to risk "spraying" aluminum dust.

Fuel air explosions and all...
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
OJNTSA
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]

it does wonders when mixed with ammonium nitrate...

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Powder which is fine enough to act as an effective pyrophoric would be too light to settle on trees in a sufficent concentration to yield the desired effect.  It'd disperse very widely in the slightest breeze,  and the resultant burn enhancing properties would be negligible.

911 troofers, flat earthers, chemtrail idiots, moon troofers, and those who really believe in astrology are the five brands of humans that are competing madly for the "most stupid kind of human" prize.

CJ

Got it. Any site or book you could point me at that would back that up?
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

CJ

You just attacked about 2/3rds of ARFcom.

edit to add: your science ideas about dispersion and settling is correct.  Fine enough aluminum powder from several miles up? Never going to settle in the mass needed to act in the manner OP questioned about.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

It's called a "general education in science, high school level".   Common sense applied to a few basic physical principles.

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake"), it must be extremely fine.

Extremely fine aluminum powder floats on even the slightest breeze and is easily dispersed.  It would not accumulate in significant

concentrations, particularly if dropped in limited quantities from fast-moving aircraft many thousands of feet overhead.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Nah, it'd have to be thermite paint.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The resulting damage to aircraft probably would NOT buff out.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Three words - finely divided fuels

But IMO, it would take a shit ton of it to make it burn significantly hotter or migrate faster through conduction, convection or radiation.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
You'd have a tannerite tree. Just shoot it and watch it explode!
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

edit to add: your science ideas about dispersion and settling is correct.  Fine enough aluminum powder from several miles up? Never going to settle in the mass needed to act in the manner OP questioned about.

Meh, he didn't include birthers so it's probably closer to 1/3.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Forest fires of such ferocity would need to be managed with water free of the dangerous flouride added to public drinking water.  Perhaps adding colloidal silver would help boost its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear that if you put wood on trees, that the trees will burn more.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

It's called a "general education in science, high school level".   Common sense applied to a few basic physical principles.

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake"), it must be extremely fine.

Extremely fine aluminum powder floats on even the slightest breeze and is easily dispersed.  It would not accumulate in significant

concentrations, particularly if dropped in limited quantities from fast-moving aircraft many thousands of feet overhead.

CJ

Yep.

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LMAO
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#17]
fire cant burn trees...
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

CJ

Yep.

Now magnesium, on the other hand, .......

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Forest fires of such ferocity would need to be managed with water free of the dangerous flouride added to public drinking water.  Perhaps adding colloidal silver would help boost its effectiveness.

Colloidal silver is the magic wand of this age.  It's so awesome a small plug of it in your bum will prevent pooping for weeks!

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Its a world wide conspiracy with millions involved in the plan... shhh... you blow it all man!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What if you grind the wood and trees together? Explosive?

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly. It it were like you were asking about, the air would burn too...
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#23]
yeah ...

'cause we all know dry wood don't burn worth a fuck by itself

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

CJ

+1

Not to mention the fact that if the aluminum was finely divided enough to be pyrophoric, it would ignite long before it reached the trees.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colloidal silver is the magic wand of this age.  It's so awesome a small plug of it in your bum will prevent pooping for weeks!

I've saved thousands on toilet paper!
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake dark"), it must be extremely fine.

CJ

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Aluminum powder is flammable, so yes, spraying aluminum powder would cause something to burn more violently. I think you would need a lot of it to cause a noticeable difference, though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#29]
theyre talking about this on Coast to Coast tonight.  Lots of people calling.  Pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Cmjohnson is right.

Aluminum powder will burn quite fast, BUT at the height that airplanes (jets) fly, it would be so thinly distributed it would do nothing. dust is more combustable than aluminum would be.

The weather patterns are to blame for the fires, dry trees from drought (which does happen from time to time. texas is a hot state) are almost explosively combustable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

My first thought after reading the op.

ETA - the seemingly intentional ignorance of rudimentary science in the mainstream populace never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:05:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

CJ

Six, you forgot moon bat liberals.

And I agree, it would be too light and nowhere near the concentation needed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Most of the larger Forest/Woods/Brush fires I've ever combated never needed any help!

Just a little low humidity & wind combined with large amounts of heavy fuels .....No aluminum dust necessary!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top