Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2011 10:42:10 AM EDT
The normal Hi-point stocks are hideous, but I think this is pretty neat. (flame away)  

Not mine, saw it on another site.

Why does Hi-point offer something like this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that a modified ATI stock?  Nicest looking hi-point carbine I have seen, really.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice looking.  Even better than ATI's Cx4 ripoffs.  Hipoint needs to contract with ATI and offer this from the factory.  Then figure something out for their pistols.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll admit it, that's pretty neat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is that a modified ATI stock?  Nicest looking hi-point carbine I have seen, really.

I believe it is.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, that's a modded ATI stock.  

I love my 995.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#6]
you know, everyone i have talked to that owns one says those hi point carbines are brickhouse and bullet proof (and as affordable as a gun can get). My only problem has always been how retardedly shitty they looked, and how limited they were in terms of stock modularity and mag capacity. I might consider owning something like what is pictured, if it was still affordable and that stock was solid.

I approve
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
How well would a Hi-Point carbine sell if it took Glock mags and stayed about the same price?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Throw a cheapo red-dot on that and it would be a blast.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. That actually looks cool.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
VZ.58 stock?

I really wish they would make these take a hi cap mag...

It's only 15 rounds but it is higher capacity than stock. SIL has one of these carbines. Accurate enough and reliable as hell.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I was digging it until I saw the 8 ball charging handle
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I sorta want. I've always heard good things about them and their lifetime warranty.

Who makes it?  ( The stock )
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#14]
anyone got details on these mods? what was the stock made for? and what goes into the modding process? bored and inquisitive minds want to know
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://www.thecountryshed.com/HIPA3-1.jpg
Quoted:
VZ.58 stock?

I really wish they would make these take a hi cap mag...

It's only 15 rounds but it is higher capacity than stock. SIL has one of these carbines. Accurate enough and reliable as hell.

They void the warrany Pro mags folllowers damage the bolts.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
That does not look overly ugly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Is that an 8-ball? Who is this being marketed to?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is that an 8-ball? Who is this being marketed to?

Not marketed to anybody, just a custom mod (probably to be funny).

I'm guessing it's a tire valve cover.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#19]
As confirmed by Mythbusters, you really can polish a turd.  
I would buy one if they kept it around the $100 pricepoint.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How well would a Hi-Point carbine sell if it took Glock mags and stayed about the same price?

Yeah, if they did that and redesigned the stock to not be as ugly, these things would be real popular and many have indicated.

Being a US manufacturer with solely commercial sales, it's a shame that Hi Point hasn't made these design changes already.  I wonder how much feedback like this they have actually received in the past.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, if they did that and redesigned the stock to not be as ugly, these things would be real popular and many have indicated.

Being a US manufacturer with solely commercial sales, it's a shame that Hi Point hasn't made these design changes already.  I wonder how much feedback like this they have actually received in the past.
I wonder what their margins are.  They gotta be razor thin, and maybe just don't have money to put into R&D to do it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder what their margins are.  They gotta be razor thin, and maybe just don't have money to put into R&D to do it.

They've said that they want to keep it ban-state friendly so no hi-cap mags.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As confirmed by Mythbusters, you really can polish a turd.  

This, looks a heck of a lot better than their current tacticool stock.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe Steyr-Aug really likes pool?
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#25]
would imagine even with a slim profit margin they are still making decent money.
selling the hell out of something with $20-80 dollar profit
beats the hell out of selling a few of something with $200-400 dollar profit margin.

somewhere on youtube they have a video of modifying 1911 mags to work in them
if I remember it wasnt much more than some dremel work

fwiw if they made one that was compatabile with glock mags.
I would sell my kel tec sub 2000 in a heartbeat.

people can talk about hi-point all day long but for just plinking around
mine has been 100% reliable and a bunch of fun
I use it for new shooters because its not very loud, very little recoil (.40) and can get it on target quickly
even first timers
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Stock "charging handle" is a hex head bolt with sharp corners and edges.  SOP is to put heat shrink, resin, etc over them to make them less painful.  Maybe this guy is a pool shark.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

would imagine even with a slim profit margin they are still making decent money.

selling the hell out of something with $20-80 dollar profit

beats the hell out of selling a few of something with $200-400 dollar profit margin.

somewhere on youtube they have a video of modifying 1911 mags to work in them

if I remember it wasnt much more than some dremel work

fwiw if they made one that was compatabile with glock mags.

I would sell my kel tec sub 2000 in a heartbeat.

people can talk about hi-point all day long but for just plinking around

mine has been 100% reliable and a bunch of fun

I use it for new shooters because its not very loud, very little recoil (.40) and can get it on target quickly

even first timers

If I remember correctly it's just a matter of extending the notch on a 1911 mag, and then bending it out with a screw driver.  I bet you could get the 1911 drums to work with some ingenuity and effort.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
...people can talk about hi-point all day long but for just plinking around
mine has been 100% reliable and a bunch of fun...

I have a 9mm version that I bought used and have put at least 5,000 rounds through without a good cleaning.  The firing pin recently broke (fairly common) and I had to disassemble it.  Wow, were the internals absolutely caked in carbon.  Even so, it has been 100% reliable, never had a failure to feed, eject or fire.

I gave it a good scrubbing and now everything is clean.  I can't wait to take it to the range, being all clean and well oiled.  It should perform even better than before.

I'm kind of thinking of making a folding stock for it like the one in the OP.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The normal Hi-point stocks are hideous, but I think this is pretty neat. (flame away)  

Not mine, saw it on another site.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/thunderw21/more%20stuff/pics/Hi-Poingcarbinefoldingstock002.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/thunderw21/more%20stuff/pics/Hi-Poingcarbinefoldingstock001.jpg

Why does Hi-point offer something like this?

I like it, I like it alot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Is it true that the ATI stock damages the rifle with extended use? Anyone hear that??
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I could own that.  Hell, I'd even let other people see me shoot it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top