Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 4:03:53 AM EDT
From ABCNews:

Leaders of al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden's terror network, met in a summit with leaders of two Middle Eastern militant groups, Hamas and Hezbollah, as well as a number of other groups linked to terrorism for the first time in late March, U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials told ABCNEWS.

Hamas has claimed responsibility for many of the suicide bomb attacks against Israel. Lebanon-based Hezbollah led a guerrilla war against Israel's occupation of territory in southern Lebanon, and is blamed for the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, that killed 241 American servicemen.

At the Lebanon meeting, the three groups discussed tactics and the possibility of an unprecedented level of joint activity, U.S. officials said, including a possible new round of attacks against America, Great Britain, and other targets.

The March secret summit marks the first time bin Laden's group put aside rivalries to work with others terrorist organizations, officials said.

"It suggests a new departure which is very startling and dangerous because they have not worked together before," said Vince Cannistraro, an ABCNEWS expert and former CIA counterterrorism chief.

See remainder of article at:[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/warning020520.html[/url]

Now maybe that might make some of you have an easier time in picking out whom to root for in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, eh?

Nope, I seriously doubt it. Enmity for the Jews runs pretty deep doesn't it?[img]http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/images/smilies/happyyid.gif[/img]

Eric The(ToTheBone,Right?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I caught this little bit on TV last night.  I think the US should set a blanket policy AND stick to it.  As members of Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah have conspired to attack the US, we should consider them enemies, and at a state of War with the US.  Any attacks in our country will result in retaliation against any and all identified assets of ALL groups.  This means that when a suicide bomb goes off in the US, we bomb the crap out of the Bekaa (sp?) Valley, etc.  Don't wait for a through investigation to show who did it, just assume any/all were involved.  Treat it as we did Afghanistan-if a country is sheltering any members of these groups, it is liable to be attacked also.

Very Israel like, I know, but you don't fight terrorists with negotiations.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#3]
As I told many times before (and Eric and others told before me) to the many angry taxpayers-headburied-nationalists-socalledpatriots-politicallycorrect people members of this forum, USA is going to became a bigger version of Israel.
Why?
Because of your support of Israel?
This is an excuse for those islamic foudamentalism.
The truth is that they consider a menace our way of life: democracy, freedom od speech, freedom of opinion, freedom of religion, RKBA, equal opportunity for men and women, are all things that for fondamentalism smells of corruption and decadence, if not blasphemous.

On the walls of Beit Lechem (Betlehem) there is written in arab on the walls "First theo ones of saturday. Then the ones of sunday."

At last, Palestinians (Hamas has grown in the West Bank) and Iranians (kamikazes were used during the Iraq-Iran conflict by Ayatollah Khomeini, may his soul to burn in the deepest hell) has achieved one of their goals: to export terrorism from Palestine. Your vice-president Cheney and the FBI chief told that any town, any city in USA can became like Natanya, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Rishon Letsion, Afula, Haifa, Hadera. Israel warned USA govt, this and the previous one, long time ago about this danger.
If something will happen, and there will be the need to retaliate, Israel can do a big part of the job for the USA.
The only problem, expecially for the blatant taxpayers, is that nobody up to now allow Israel to make the job.

I am for peace, I am even for a Palestinian state. But when someone starts a war I am to put an end to it and to those ones that started it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope the defense contractors are EXTREMELY busy......producing LOTS of bombs!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe in a Divine guidance that has brought forth the United States to help Israel and that brought forth Israel to help the United States.

The true worth of this Divine guidance in the affairs of our nations is about to be put to the test.

[b]Malachi 3:2[/b]

But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Eric The(WhoCanStandWhenHEAppears?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh.. I forgot to mention Eu govt.s.

The hope of ours govts. is "because we don't openly support Israel, or because I am in business with Arabs, I will exempted from being targeted by kamikazes. We are much wiser than USA..."

This is an illusion.

ANYWAY most of the Eu countries are allies of USA;
ANYWAY any islamic fondamentalist doesen't like our way to live;
ANYWAY any islamic nut (they can be nuts but they aren't stupid at all...) knows that if EU is put in the situation to chose on which side of the fence to stand, they know that EU will NOT chose Islam nor arabs.
One of the factors that is contributing to the defeat of left wing parties in Europe is the blind support of immigrants, most of them muslims, by the leftists.

So the illusion to be considered as neutral side from certain part of the islamic world, the ones that carry terrorists attack, is a pure illusion for Eu.

And illusions, very often, are shattered by the reality. The problem is that, GB aside, no one of Eu armies are ready to answer to such a threat. If you were thinking that USA were unprepared, you should see us!

Meditate, people...
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
And George Tenet didn't have the Hard Squad there to wipe those snotsmears off the face of the earth WHY?

Fire and exile Tenet.
Put someone who is not a politician in charge.
Where's General Al Gray? Order him out of retirement and tell him to get some. If we take this attitude that "It can happen anytime, anywhere, there's nothing we can do, simper simper, whine whine" then of course we're going to be victims.

Get out there and start publicly whacking out these guys. Do I have to bring up the shining example of the King of Jordan and what he did to Abu Nidal?

Deport all Iranians, Saudis, Iraqis, Egyptians, Pakistanis, Jordanians, Syrians, etc who are here on visas. They are here at the pleasure of the US Government, and the pleasure is over.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
[Quoted:
Deport all Iranians, Saudis, Iraqis, Egyptians, Pakistanis, Jordanians, Syrians, etc who are here on visas. They are here at the pleasure of the US Government, and the pleasure is over. [/quote]

Right on.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#9]
i've said this before, i will say it again.  this is again, nothing more, nor anything less, the war, again, between christainity and islam.  when it was over the last time, some 450 years ago, the christians won.  right now, i would say it is a open question whether islam or christainity will win this time.  
if islam wins, we will go back 100 to 150 years in time.  
we, the west, need to approach this as total all out war.  islam is neither a kind nor gentle religion.  (christainity is not kind and gentle either). to date, the muslims have been very effective at manipulating the media to their advantage; but, look at and consider the various media reports of muslim treatment of christians in saudi arabia, etc.  
we need to use the operators and "assassins" to kill the leaders, middle and "hard core" people.  we need to fight this war in the middle east, asap; or, we will be fighting it in our streets.      mcole
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems as though we SHOULD have our next country that harbors terrorists targeted.

I was in the Corps when they took out the Marine barracks in Beirut.  It might be closing in on 20 years since it happened, but ... revenge is a dish best served cold.

Take the terrorists out, and take out any government that harbors and gives them support.  It seems to me I've heard something like that said during the last year....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top