Posted: 5/20/2002 10:12:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is this pathetic?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think that's the sole point of handing out the cellphones. . . .  It's not a "cellphones for guns" trade program.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
My message is spreading far and wide. I am a hero.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
All hail Imbroglio!

It is pathetic.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I know that many here might feel that it would be better to give the abuse victims (mostly women) a .44 and a couple of hundred rounds, I think it is reasonable to assume that not that many victims would necessarily be comfortable with shooting their husband/boyfriend/other if he were to raise his hand. (I mean, mine would, but that's a different story)

I think that the gun adage "Better to have one and not need it..." works here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#7]
When I call 911 I have to tell my cell company who to connect me to.  Sometimes the cell company is reaaalll slow.

And let me guess -- long distance is NOT disabled on these, and the people will wind up using them for other calls, and will then have some hefty bills for which they will use grocery money to pay.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#8]
having once had to call 911 from a cellphone 3 years ago i can tell ya it wont do shit i got fowareded to 2 diffrent places before i reached the right 911! first they sent me to CHP then to local police. by the time the police got there it was 30 minutes after the guy assualted me.

btw this wasnt a domestic abuse call. some drunk hauled off kicked my ass and broke my nose becouse i looked at him funny or something.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess it is better than nothing.  A deactivated cell phone can be used to call 911.  A better program would also teach these women to defend themselves in whatever way possible.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
having once had to call 911 from a cellphone 3 years ago i can tell ya it wont do shit i got fowareded to 2 diffrent places before i reached the right 911! first they sent me to CHP then to local police. by the time the police got there it was 30 minutes after the guy assualted me.

btw this wasnt a domestic abuse call. some drunk hauled off kicked my ass and broke my nose becouse i looked at him funny or something.
View Quote

and you did what? call on the phone? werent you "in fear for your life?" you dont carry i take it? damn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top