Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2002 8:29:03 PM EDT
The compressor is working, the coils on the back are warm.  I cleaned the dust off of them.  The freezer is just not freezing, though it is cold.  I already adjusted it to its lowest setting.  Is there anything that can be done.  Please don't tell me that my FAL money is going into a new fridgid air!  Help!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This never happens in the winter does it???

Could it have sprung a leak in the Feon?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How old is it? If it's more than 10 years old even in tip-top shape it probably uses a lot of energy.

If it is pooping out because it is just tired, you may not want to, but maybe consider buying a new one and hopefully your electric bill will go down.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
First, make sure the evaperator fan motor is working, This is located in the freezer. If it isn't, the cold air won't circulate. More likely, the refrigerator isn't defrosting. Ice buildup on the evaperator will insulate the evaperator, this will cause the temps to be about that of an ice chest or lower. Remove the evaperator cover, if the evaperator is frosted solid, you have a defrost problem. If you e-mail me with the model and serial # I can walk you through the diagnosis and repair in more detail.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW! Having a fridge guy on your board...how cool is that!?!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WOW! Having a fridge guy on your board...[B]how cool is that!?![/B]
View Quote

No pun intended???
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on my AR15 buddies.  The air was circulating, and there was no frost, so I guess it was just tired.

Bought a new one, GE, (made in Mehico, by child labor)  Cost slightly less than a new Bushmaster.  I wish some of you could have been here to help me get it through the door!  Now My Beer is COLD, so I consider it a fine investment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top