Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 10:05:03 AM EDT
Retired the Oakley Half Jackets to firearm use.

Now I need something just for everyday use. Thinking of Oakley XLJ Polarized, but whats everyone else wearing now adays?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Polarized.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
CDM w/ 580 lens

Maui Jims are nice too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
See Revision post thats tacked.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This. I love mine. I can't go outside without them.

On a side note I'm going to try out a pair of Costa Del Mar's for fishing this year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My half jackets are almost 3 years old now, and I've used them almost every day.  The right lens has a few small scratches, which are annoying, but otherwise they're still GTG.  Kayaking, biking, shooting, etc. no problems.

My wife just bought a pair of Minute 2.0, they're very cool.

I've been considering replacing my half jackets and just using them out on the water, but then...  the ones I have are still perfectly good, why spend the money for new ones?  And what would I get?  I love the half jackets.  So, I haven't bought anything lately.  *shrug*

ETA:  Just checked USSI, and they now have the SOLFX lenses.  A lot of styles are backordered, but they look pretty cool.  They've got the Flaks in right now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I need glasses too.  My last pilsner glass broke in the dishwasher.  

Wait........WAT?  

CREWS safety glasses.  Buy a dozen.  A lack of having designer sunglasses has never kept any vagina from me.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I need glasses too.  My last pilsner glass broke in the dishwasher.  

Wait........WAT?  

CREWS safety glasses.  Buy a dozen.  A lack of having designer sunglasses has never kept any vagina from me.  

But putting beer glasses in your dishmasher when they should obviously be washed by hand has, I'll bet.

(seriously, some dishwasher detergents scratch glasses and even mild ones will take off gold overlay and screened print.  If you like a glass, wash it by hand.)
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you talking about prescription glasses or just plain sun glasses?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I have these:

and these:

Both prescription.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
non prescription just sunglasses
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Best I have ever had wear wise is a pair of Ocean Waves with the blue mirriored glass lenses. Had 'em about 7 years now, they just don't scratch! My buddy was using them one day while cutting steel with a torch, a few tiny beads of slag burned into the glass but that happens. They have seen some abuse for sure. I broke the frame last week, sending them in for new one, cost $30 for the repair.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I have oakley half jacket XLJ transitions for shooting glasses, and oakley half jacket XLJ polarized for just about everything else.

So, I'll go with Oakley XLJ's.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

non prescription just sunglasses

They are the same thing for the most part, just swap lenses. Lenscrafters has some good sales right now.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#15]
You really can't go wrong with a pair of these.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I like my Revo Undercut titanium's. Had them about a year and they've held up great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top