Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2011 7:45:33 AM EDT
Do have follow all the new fashion trends? Do all the new hip things? Have to have all the new toys (smart phones, ipads, etc)? I'd say 80% of my shirts are the place color ones you buy at walmart for $5, I wear cheap jeans, only have a smart phone and laptop because of work. I just now bought a flat screen tv a week ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I dress nicely, but not 'trendy'. Fuck all that skinny jean hipster metro demise of America clothing.

A nice pair of sperrys and shorts with no more than 4 pockets.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an iPhone, but no north face jacket.  I would dress trendier, but all my extra money goes to guns.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm about as anti-trendy as you can get.  I've always been that way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]
No

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Droid and I drive a Mini, other than that, I am a typical 40 year old lout.  I listen to Led Zeppelin, I drink Budweiser, I wear whatever is on sale at Target and my shoes aren't cool at all.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I wear whatever my wife likes me to wear for formal clothes.

I buy things that I find value and quality in.

Don't care what the trends are.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Not even close.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I have MMA style graphic tees, TAD gear, an LED TV, iPhone 4, a few M&Ps and a magpul fucked LaRue rifle, so yes.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Somewhat.

I wear Armani Exchange and Express clothes almost exclusively with my Pumas, but I don't care about alot of trendy things like their bands or stupid hobbies.

I don't like Mac stuff in general, although I might pick up an iPhone soon because I like those.

Trendy to me is a mentality, always trying to fit in and impress. I just like nice things, I don't give a fuck what others think most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Sort of I guess.  I wear decent jeans (American Eagle Outfitters), own a flat brim hat and many of my t-shirts are hipster-esque.  

No smartphone though and my shoes aren't that great.  So, maybe?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#13]
For a while in the early 80's I was "trendy" when people suddenly wanted to dress like cowboys. But otherwise no. Starched jeans, shirt, boots never go out of style around here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell no - just ask my wife
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope. I dress conservatively (polo/button down with khaki short, chinos or normal, non skinny jeans). I also refuse to buy Apple products.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Trends sometimes make me aware of useful things.  Following trends to fit in is trendy, making use of trendy things for practical reasons is not.  That's how I see it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I wear American Eagle.

But I only buy clothes once every 2 years maybe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm about as anti-trendy as you can get.  I've always been that way.

This you?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Hipster trendy

I am too fat to wear skinny girl jeans (and that would hurt the balls anyway), so no go on that.  

I don't like huge sunglasses, horn rimmed glasses or those retarded shade kanye ones.

Plenty of black tshirts though

or

Arfcom trendy

I do own a TAD gear hoodie

I do own Larue and Magpul gear.

Oakleys?  check
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Even the ones who are would deny it here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm trendy like suspenders and a belt...............

Ohhhhhh yeah.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Nah. I have always been a cute-shirt-and-jeans person. I rarely buy anything new. I love bargain hunting and used clothing stores. I did finally get a Droid phone, and honestly, it's wonderful. I use it for work, for navigation, etc. It's a very valuable tool.

There is nothing wrong with looking nice. Some of my shirts I've had for several years, and they still look great. I will never understand people spending hundreds of dollars every month on plain, boring shit like American Eagle or Old Navy, because it's the name to buy. Bleck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#23]
That's the other thing about looking nice.  What I think looks "nice" and what trends consider "nice" are often incongruent with each other.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Not at all with clothes, gadgets, or anything else.  Materialistic things mean nothing to me and never have, as they do tons of women.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Down the middle, if I think things are nice I will wear them, or buy them. If you intentionally choose not to wear anything that is somewhat fashionable you are just as bad because you are trying to make a statement just like trend whores.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nah. I have always been a cute-shirt-and-jeans person. I rarely buy anything new. I love bargain hunting and used clothing stores. I did finally get a Droid phone, and honestly, it's wonderful. I use it for work, for navigation, etc. It's a very valuable tool.

There is nothing wrong with looking nice. Some of my shirts I've had for several years, and they still look great. I will never understand people spending hundreds of dollars every month on plain, boring shit like American Eagle or Old Navy, because it's the name to buy. Bleck.

Is that even possible?  Old Navy is the Natty Light of clothes.

To answer your ? OP, I am not trendy at all and the only time I make any effort to dress nice is when going out to a bar, otherwise my wardrobe is about 87% gun related t-shirts or polos.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I think some of you pop music listening, American Idol/Dancing with the stars watching members are lying to yourselves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I dress like a lazy greaser/skinhead/lumberjack, and apparently look like an off duty cop to a lot of people.

You could say that I follow a particular trend,albeit a really old and out of date one. My 5.11 pants are pretty trendy around here.

Proudly announcing that one only buys cheap (allegedly non-trendy) Walmart crap is a popular trend in itself.

I'm not an early adopter of new technology mostly because I am reasonably frugal and like to see the bugs shaken out before I buy. I love the droid I finally bought, though.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#31]

A pair of jeans, a t-shirt, sometimes longsleeve, and whatever happens to be covering my feet.  As long as it's comfortable it's trendy enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#32]
trendy?a semi bald fifty sumpin?

i wear jeans from the TractorSupply, shoes from outlets,
straw hats,i don`t have cable or dish, just a regular cell phone,
and i like Ruger Mini14s, Glocks and Kel-tecs.

I listen to music thats never on the radio,and i don`t drink or smoke.
my motorcycle has a cup holder for coffee....
and i don`t watch sports of any kind at all.

the younger people at work tell me that i`m so far from cool that i`m
way-cool.

trendy sucks
scruff
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#33]
I own a messenger bag, a pair of skinny jeans, and a P7. So I guess yes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/03/12/2/786/7864805/image.jpg

A pair of jeans, a t-shirt, sometimes longsleeve, and whatever happens to be covering my feet.  As long as it's comfortable it's trendy enough for me.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife buys my clothes, She keeps me oufitted in the correct decade. She try's to metro me up once a year, but I continue my resistance...  No, honey, I'm not wearing that shit, take it back.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do have follow all the new fashion trends? Do all the new hip things? Have to have all the new toys (smart phones, ipads, etc)? I'd say 80% of my shirts are the place color ones you buy at walmart for $5, I wear cheap jeans, only have a smart phone and laptop because of work. I just now bought a flat screen tv a week ago.

What do you think?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd say 80% of my shirts are the place color ones you buy at walmart for $5, I wear cheap jeans, only have a smart phone and laptop because of work. I just now bought a flat screen tv a week ago.

Hell, I am so far behind I haven't even caught up with you yet

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#38]
At first I was like, yea, I'm not bad, I think. So I went back and looked at pictures of me over the years......

Over the span of about 5 years, I'm in the same fucking outfit. Jeans and a white teeshirt.

Trendy Fail.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Is the new trend wearing a gray sweatshirt or a gray t-shirt and jeans every day?

If so, then that would make me more than just trendy.

I'm a trend setter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://tribeofdad.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009_the_hangover_008.jpg

that's fabulous

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, I DO own a North Face jacket.  Of course, I bought it in 1992 when I was a real honest to goodness ski bum in Aspen.

I drive a pickup truck that, until recently, had a 3 year old dent in the door.

I buy my Wranglers at Wal Mart and do wear "cowboy" (I hate that term BTW) boots.

I carry a Glock 30 in a supertuck.

I'd say no.  Not so much to the "trendy" thing.

I do own a couple hats but not the type the hipsters fags are wearing.  Steston FTMFW.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#43]
My clothing consists mostly of plain black and grey long and short sleeve t-shirts and re-laxed fitting blue jeans. and a couple of plaid flannel shirts. I could care less about what the current clothing fad is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Trendiness usually manifests from the feeling of being inadequate.

Quoted:
Somewhat.

I wear Armani Exchange and Express clothes almost exclusively with my Pumas, but I don't care about alot of trendy things like their bands or stupid hobbies.

I don't like Mac stuff in general, although I might pick up an iPhone soon because I like those.

Trendy to me is a mentality, always trying to fit in and impress. I just like nice things, I don't give a fuck what others think most of the time.

Glenn Beck?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Nope
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#46]
How much did you spend on useless crap for your rifle last year?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Trendiness usually manifests from the feeling of being inadequate.

Quoted:

Somewhat.

Glenn Beck?

Nope. Glad I'm not too.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Being untrendy is the hot new trend.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#49]
if I am, it's only by accident. I'm a jeans-and-button-down-shirt guy.

I do like the current "untucked" look, I will say that much.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I've been wearing what have come to be known as "skinny" jeans since the the late 90's, Adidas or Chucks, and band/gun company/retro shirts. It's actually anti-trendy for me because most of the people I hang with now dress much more conservatively, but we all have similar values when it comes down to it, so it's all good. I don't consider myself effeminate in the least, just aesthetically pleasing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top