Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 6:27:54 AM EDT
I'm looking into starting reloading. My safe is starting to fill up and I'm beginning to wonder, where do you keep all the stuff that needs to be locked up?  Right now I got my guns and my ammo in the safe, I'm not sure if I'm going to have room to keep powder in there. Buy another safe?  What do you guys who have a lot of guns, ammo, and powder do?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Lockable cabinet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do you think that your ammo needs to go in the safe?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why do you think that your ammo needs to go in the safe?

I use ammo to add additional weight to the safe.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Right now I got my guns and my ammo in the safe, I'm not sure if I'm going to have room to keep powder in there.

You probably do NOT want to keep powder in a safe.  

Containers holding powder are designed with low pressure limits in mind because the really big explosions happen when powder is ignited and the expanding gases are trapped in a tightly sealed container.  As such, the low pressure containers let the expanding gases vent out to prevent the huge blasts.  In fact if you have over a certain amount of powder the recommendation is likely to build a plywood or other wooden cabinet which can accomplish the same thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top