Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 4:44:13 AM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1382945/Sony-hacked-Another-25m-customers-details-stolen.html

A further 25million computer game users have had their personal
details stolen by hackers after Sony today revealed it had suffered a
second major security breach in less than a month.

The revelation
about the Sony Online Entertainment service comes after the firm's
announcement that the details of 77million PlayStation users may have
been stolen.

The beleaguered electronics giant said the names,
addresses, e-mails, birth dates, phone numbers and other information
from SOE customers were stolen from its servers as well as from an
‘outdated database’.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I could care less if anyone knows my name is Ollie Tabooger and that I live on 123 Fake st.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well shit, who's gonna get shot in the face now?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well shit, who's gonna get shot in the face now?

I was thinkin Al Zawhiri next?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I couldn't be happier about buying my Xbox 360

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I take it they are not going to release any network security gear in the near future.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
thats what happens when you set your password to 12345
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:13:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's the same combination I have on my luggage!

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the same combination I have on my luggage!

Holy shit, the luggage database has been hacked!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
effing sony. I've been an xbox owner for the last 10 or so years, and I finally buy a PS3 this spring, reluctantly, to play a few games on it, and *boom*. haxxored.

epic fail, sony.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
effing sony. I've been an xbox owner for the last 10 or so years, and I finally buy a PS3 this spring, reluctantly, to play a few games on it, and *boom*. haxxored.

epic fail, sony.

I've had a PS3 for years and never had any problems until you got on the network.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

epic fail, sony.

I've had a PS3 for years and never had any problems until you got on the network.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I just recently got a PS3. I'm glad I only use it just to play games and watch Blu Rays on.

I know a guy that is a hardcore gamer, he makes a ton of money and has a really great job but he spends all his money on stuff like games he buys off the PSN and eating lunch out at work. His wife and child usually go without because of his habits. He will proceed to pawn off his 50+ games, Blu Rays and even the system but then a month later he will buy another one with games and Blu Rays (hes done this a bunch of times) and they beg for money all the time. Hes also got his credit card on file with PSN. So it couldn't happen to a better person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top