Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 4:21:07 AM EDT
I used to post a TON here (mainly...99%) in the technical sections.

About half a year ago, I just kindof stopped. I sold my Benelli M4, and now have just my G19 for CCW and my custom P226 Elite in 357SIG for the range.

Anyway, the reason was, my interests changed, and I found new stuff to spend my cash on. Still love shooting, have guns, etc. Just my cashflow went elsewhere for the most part and I got immersed in a different culture. I have ALWAYS liked sportscars, and found myself all over their forums and hanging out back before I was in college. Then I got into college, was poor as hell, and firearms were all I could afford. it was a helluva fun hobby (still is!) and I had a great time. Well, I graduated, and am back into sports cars now. Maybe some of you can appreciate the reason for my absence.

2nd gear roll-on.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the Obama Motors crowd.....wait thats me...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Did you type that on your "made in China/Japan" keyboard?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Badass car...my interests have gone the same direction.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh, you should have bought a fast car instead.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait until 20k miles or so when the glue they use starts to loosen.  The bitch will flex and moan more then a two bit whore.  Also never again will I buy a gooberment motors vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes I did...actually an Apple China Sweatshop Keyboard special...I wonder if there are any made in China or Japan parts on your Obama Hot Rod?  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
So what kind of work do you do?
I need to get in your tax bracket. That Vette would look good on me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#8]
NIce ride.  Don't mind the haters
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice ride OP, congrats.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice car, but white?  <yawn>

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Even at $4.30 per gallon, gas is still cheaper than ammunition.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you look at the ZR1?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, but guns are about all I can afford, and honestly all I've ever cared to do 'hobby' stuff with.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not about where its made but who made it...UAW...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I can understand your sentiments OP.

I always had a strong interest in guns/shooting and when I graduated college was able to spend lots of time at the range.

I have since gotten married and had some kids.  Fun money and range time is almost nonexistent and I now have to focus on things I can actually use instead of looking at when I open the safe.

Cash-flow definitely changed for me....

Being able to afford a new Z06 out of college is pretty impressive though
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Even at $4.30 per gallon, gas is still cheaper than ammunition.  

If I remember right, those new vettes get in the high 20's.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait until 20k miles or so when the glue they use starts to loosen. The bitch will flex and moan more then a two bit whore. Also never again will I buy a gooberment motors vehicle.

WUT? I have only heard this BS from those who are jealous or hate them. Having family and friends who have had several Vettes way past 20K I have never seen this.

BTW....ZO6 is about the baddast ass car out there, make sure your life and medical insurance are paid up

Vettes have always gotten excellent fuel economy as long as you can control your foot...I never could.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#18]
meh..

the car tells me mid life crisis..
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait until 20k miles or so when the glue they use starts to loosen.  The bitch will flex and moan more then a two bit whore.  Also never again will I buy a gooberment motors vehicle.

Ignorance never ceases. There is only 1 part of the car they used glue on and those are just the rocker-panels underneath. Cosmetic only. I watched them build it from the frame up, so yes, I know what's in the car. What do you drive, and did you shake the hands of the Americans that built it and watch them doing so?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NIce ride.  Don't mind the haters

I don't. I just wish I could find a thread where they post a picture of their Toyota's or something.
Quoted:
Nice car, but white?  <yawn>

Thanks, I picked white because it is the rares color on the 'vette. Since 2006 when the C6 Z06 came out less than 1200 have been made in white.

Quoted:
meh..

the car tells me mid life crisis..

I'm 25. I sure hope I'm not "middle age" yet.

Quoted:
Wait until 20k miles or so when the glue they use starts to loosen. The bitch will flex and moan more then a two bit whore. Also never again will I buy a gooberment motors vehicle.

WUT? I have only heard this BS from those who are jealous or hate them. Having family and friends who have had several Vettes way past 20K I have never seen this.

BTW....ZO6 is about the baddast ass car out there, make sure your life and medical insurance are paid up

Vettes have always gotten excellent fuel economy as long as you can control your foot...I never could.

Thanks, and as I noted, I watched them build the car. BS is right. When I keep my foot out of it I get 26-29mpg doing 70mph, and at 80 I get 24. Looking back at the DIC my average ranges from 19-23 depending on how much fun I am having with it.

Quoted:
I can understand your sentiments OP.

I always had a strong interest in guns/shooting and when I graduated college was able to spend lots of time at the range.
I have since gotten married and had some kids.  Fun money and range time is almost nonexistent and I now have to focus on things I can actually use instead of looking at when I open the safe.

Cash-flow definitely changed for me....

Being able to afford a new Z06 out of college is pretty impressive though

Thanks, I live pretty small but have a love for performance automobiles. I did things "right" and stayed out of debt through college. I got scholarships and borrowed from my Dad (only have $2350 left to hand him back :) He told me to buy the car now and worry about the $2350 later, as I got a free 2-day driving school along with it for ordering then, along with a steep discount on it. Very rare on corvette, as it typically has sold as an MSRP or above item.)

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not about where its made but who made it...UAW...

I met those UAW workers and they were some of the nicest people I have ever been around. Over a dozen of them thanked me for buying, and all of them smiled and were happy to show me what they were doing/the little nuances of it as they built my car. The plant manager himself spent about half an hour over the 2 days I was there talking with me, telling me about the operation, etc. If you don't like the UAW, that's on you, but my experience is that they were some damn nice people and took serious pride in building the car. The PPH for the Bowling Green factory was 62 at the time they built my car. If you know anything about automobiles and PPH, that might impress you a little...

Quoted:
Did you look at the ZR1?

I certainly did, but my pay-check threw down it's rifle and waved the white flag when it saw me eying it.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I did...actually an Apple China Sweatshop Keyboard special...I wonder if there are any made in China or Japan parts on your Obama Hot Rod?    

Why should I care? I bought the car because I wanted it. Like I tell other people who ask me about how/why I spend my money how I do: It's my dick and my soap, and I'll wash it as fast as I want.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Spending money eh? You wanna buy my hptuners mvpi pro interface for $450?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Spending money eh? You wanna buy my hptuners mvpi pro interface for $450?

No, I am leaving the car 100% stock except the mods already done, which are window-tint, Valentine 1 radar detector integrated into my HUD and DIC display, Ventureshield Ultra wrap on the parts susceptible to road-hazards, and Lloyds cargo/floor mats. The LS7 has a 5/100 warranty and @450whp in a 3200# car is good enough for me. I know there will always be a few that are faster, and that's okay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top