Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 4:03:11 AM EDT
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bin-laden-lived-pakistan-compound-5-6-years-114333796.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden lived for the past five to six years in the compound deep inside Pakistan where the al Qaeda leader was killed by U.S. forces, President Barack Obama's counterterrorism adviser said on Tuesday.

Surprise surprise surprise....
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
We need to confiscate Pakistans nukes which in turn would open the door for the Indians to mow those fuckers over.

Our friends my ass!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bin-laden-lived-pakistan-compound-5-6-years-114333796.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Osama bin Laden lived for the past five to six years in the compound deep inside Pakistan where the al Qaeda leader was killed by U.S. forces, President Barack Obama's counterterrorism adviser said on Tuesday.

Surprise surprise surprise....

Yup.

And I also said in a thread waaay back that he wasn't living in any goddamn CAVE.
This was a guy with financial resources, friends in high places and plenty of stooges ready and willing to die for him.

The only thing missing from the picture that I had in my mind is the two naked Nubian princesses and the hot tub.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah.... cos there are no illegal immigrants living in the USA..... is there?.

If people don't want to be found, they often won't be found.

Will be interesting to see how he did remain undetected for so long though.  It's not impossible or implausible that he could have done so without the Pakistani Authorities knowing he was there.  I would imagine that Pakistan will deservedly face some tough questions and there will be some developments that lead people to conclude that there were cahoots afoot, but hindsight is always 20/20.

If he never left the compound then it is perfectly feasable that nobody knew he was there.

Josef Fritzel kept his dirty little secret hidden for 24 years right under people's noses in a supposedly civilised society.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
One theory I heard yesterday was that OBL was being held as a "guest" by the ISI. They were "holding" him for future use. I wouldn't doubt the entire raid was a set-up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One theory I heard yesterday was that OBL was being held as a "guest" by the ISI. They were "holding" him for future use. I wouldn't doubt the entire raid was a set-up.

yeah, that was Col.Ralph Peters on FOX's O'reilly Factor.
i can't decide whether Peters is a mouthpiece or a smart guy, but he may be on to something this time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could be...besides I don't think our leaders and or system is that brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#9]
he's been there longer than that, he's just been in that house for 6 years
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:24:05 AM EDT
[#10]

I heard Obama bought Osama that house in exchange for a fake birth certificate.

Obama sent the SeALs in because he was pissed about the layering in the PDF.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Indians claim they have proof that the Mumbai raid in 2008 was orchestrated from inside Pakistan.  I believe they would relish the thought of mowing over Pakistan.  The idea of RoPers losing ground geographically and losing control of the "Moslem Bomb" in a move like that would send shockwaves throughout the RoPer world.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Pakistan was making the most out of OBL not being found. Once he's dead they no longer have the big carrot at the end of the stick to ask for more money to fight terrorism in their country...well they can but the big prize is gone.

I wouldn't be suprised if a shakeup inside Pakistan doesn't come from this, it's like part of the national treasury just walked out of the country.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]
This fuck oughta be on somebodies list.

Hamid Gul

Solidarity with Osama bin Laden

According to Zahid Hussain, in his book Frontline Pakistan, Lt. Gen. Hamid Gul and former Army chief General Mirza Aslam Beg were part of the 9 January 2001 Darul Uloom Haqqania Islamic conference held near Peshawar, which was also attended by 300 leaders representing various Islamic groups. The meeting declared it a religious duty of Muslims all over the world to protect the Taliban government, and the Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden it was hosting, whom they considered as a 'great Muslim warrior

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#15]
from what i remember, the stuff i was reading on the internet was either bin laden was dead or living in Pakistan.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top