Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2011 3:41:58 AM EDT
Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S

We were at 7 trillion when he released this now we are at 14 Trillion,  of course not all of this is from the War a lot is just us over spending and wanting things we cannot afford

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-11-01/world/binladen.tape_1_al-jazeera-qaeda-bin?_s=PM:WORLD

Cost of war

USA Debt

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Military spending is still relatively low compared to everything else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, he won.  Look at the bullshit we have to deal with now.  TSA molestation, panicked people reporting anything and everything as a bomb, severe infringements on our way of life through things like the Patriot Act...  You get the idea.  Osama won and our Government has played his tune lockstep.

One good thing though, it did slow the de-masculation of the American man.  It didn't stop it but it did slow it down.  No more "don't resist, do what they want" bullshit.  Now we beat terrorists on planes.  Now we just need to man up against these fucking retard progressives and eliminate the nanny state.  I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Until we treat then like the animals they are...no!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but he had little to do with it.  We did it to ourselves willingly, almost as though we had been looking for a reason to hand over our last shreads of "freedom".  He only provided the oppertunity to do so.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Bring the surplus shit home sell to the public should be able to recoup some cash.  I have been wanting an abrams tank for a while now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, he won.  Look at the bullshit we have to deal with now.  TSA molestation, panicked people reporting anything and everything as a bomb, severe infringements on our way of life through things like the Patriot Act...  You get the idea.  Osama won and our Government has played his tune lockstep.

One good thing though, it did slow the de-masculation of the American man.  It didn't stop it but it did slow it down.  No more "don't resist, do what they want" bullshit.  Now we beat terrorists on planes.  Now we just need to man up against these fucking retard progressives and eliminate the nanny state.  I won't hold my breath.

Well said.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]
For now Osama is the victor.  We have to take back what our own government has stolen from us, and then we can claim victory.  It's not over, yet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Killing Usama and calling a win on the war on terror

is like

The US voting in a black president and calling it the end of racism
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, we now have Homeland Security, the Patriot Act, wiretapping, TSA stuffing their hands down the pants of 6 year olds and groping them.  Not to mention that we're bankrupt, our dollar is about to be dumped as the world's reserve currency and that we stand on the brink of hyper-inflation with the end result being the destruction of the American middle class.

I guess we can call that a victory of the facist totalitarians over freedom.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Winning and losing is not really the point.  Did he reak havoc on the American people, their economy and cost lots of lives?  I think he did exactly what he set out to do.  America is not the same since 9/11 and it never will be again.  I am glad the f*cker is dead but his legacy will continue.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Ask yourself that same question the next time you're watching chidren being groped at the airport.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Given how much we are spending on other programs, $1T seems like a deal over 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
TSA is still around, so, no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top