Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2011 11:26:50 PM EDT
A lot of 'Dey derk err jerrbs" union Democrats here. They drive around in pickups with union bumper stickers and Browning window stickers. Not surprisingly, we lost 500 manufacturing jobs last year. Of course, we also have the college students who drive around in rusty Subaru's with Coexist bumper stickers too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a great neighbor and live in a good area. Generally folks here are good people who would do what they could to help or to get along.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the area. My neighborhood? Pretty respectable folk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of libtards in the town where I work. The town where I live is pretty much evenly split between hippies and rednecks. Everybody gets along and I don't talk politics with my neighbors
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
People here are pretty decent folks, though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole spectrum.
But the Cali transplants have been tipping the scales in their favor.  The old Oregonian is starting to become a rarity.  The rugged, take care of ourselves type.  The same type that would cut a chunk out of themselves with a chainsaw and finish a days work before going to the hospital to get it taken care of.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Necks, thugs, and good ol' boys.

You kind of have to search to find the good, down to earth folks, or this place can rub you the wrong way with a quickness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
In my immediate hood, mostly people with questionable citizenship.  The rest of my town is a mix of people, but largely the typical Texas A&M students.   I mean
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I live in the area of Virginia where everyone is the most important person in their own mind.
Their children are the best children ever.
You owe them because it is so hard to be a stay at home mom in the 'burbs. Being a mom is a 24hour a day job. (right bitch, that's why theres close to 1 billion of them )

I live in what I call D.C. wash off. We fight to maintain what is real Virginia, but are being invaded by everyone trying to make it their own....here, looking the part is what matters....people waste more trees spending cash to look green...than actually doing anything green. They kind of people who drive a prius at 80 mph.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
We're all just "Big City" Thinkers round these parts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Know what all the Mexicans that came to my area (NE PA) did?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Where I work it's yuppie liberals, mixed with hippies, with a unhealthy dose of selfentitled spoiled college kids who must have been locked in the cellar until someone turned them loose to attend college .
Where I live it's mostly good folk...as long as we don't talk politics
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Stupid.

And angry.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#15]
lots of uck obama andgadsden stickers around here and all the surrounding cities of phoenix.  head into central phoenix or tempe there is a bit more herp derp

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

lots of uck obama andgadsden stickers around here and all the surrounding cities of phoenix.  head into central phoenix or tempe there is a bit more herp derp  

Yep. I'm in North Phoenix and its not too bad. Life is fast paced and people aren't as courteous as they could be sometimes but for the most part we hold the door for each other and people call each other sir and mam. I wish I saw more American flags hanging from homes though. I have one up but they aren't that common. A lot of veterans live here.

edit: And you see a lot of open carry. When I say a lot you probably see at least one person a day open carrying if you drive around enough. I have a fucked up schedule so I'm always driving around somewhere so I see it more then others.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Mostly armed homeowners.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Morman.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't know cuz everyone where I live kind of keeps to themselves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Mostly good people. After 30 years here, I have found this area not to be as friendly as SoCal. I think it's because this area is more sheltered and provincial.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Amish
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Mostly hard working, good people (ranchers, miners (non-union) etc.)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not far from you OP. People don't care and don't understand politics here. They have a wide range of beliefs that fall all over the map, the same person will have many liberal and contradictory conservative beliefs (if you can call them beliefs, probably more like opinions). People have a wide range of knowledge, but each item they don't know very much about and usually their logic is specious. Everyone here is a hypocrite, do as I say not as I do. Everyone here is more interested in what their neighbor is doing than their own life. Education is the only thing that matters, my town of 3000, the only employer other than a gas station, and few shops is the High School. After people grow up, they either move away or work at the school. The largest industry in the state is government.

I'm planning on leaving this place either this year or next- can't take it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:07:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Most people around here are pretty nice in person and downright evil behind the wheel of a car. That's about the only thing they all have in common. Other than that, everything from professional welfare rats to radical college students to less-than-radical college students to hard-working family folks and anything in between. One of the interesting things about living in the city.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:16:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Professional yuppie types (those who wanted to move to "The Country"),Good 'ole boys (and gals), wiggers and white trash!

For the most part.... some good hard working neighborly folks in this little town.

Just like any small town... most are very proud of where they live!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:19:01 AM EDT
[#26]
For the most part they herd goats, wear towels on thier heads, and live in mud huts.
Toss in a few Marines and that pretty much somes it up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#27]
most of my neighbors are liberal idiots that support gun control and kept Ted Kennedy and John Kerry in office.

I had a neighbor that kept letting her dog shit on my front grass / weeds.

I don't keep an expensive lawn, but still, it is rude to let your dog on a leash shit on someone else's property.

I was outside taking a shotgun out of my trunck when she was actively letting her dog shit on my property and I politely told her to be careful because there is poison on the grass.

She got all upset and said " this grass right here" and I told her yes, right there, I do it every week. I am trying to get the grass to look better.

Now she let's her dog shit on the property across the street   and no there is no poison on my weeds
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Most of the pick up trucks here have NRA, USMC stickers, and dead animals in the bed...
Austin is a different story...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:18:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The UPS delivery guy called and apologized for not dropping off my package (we are new residents). He told me where he leaves his truck parked overnight and said I could go get it off the front seat.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#31]
They are OK. Lots of gun owners. Sadly we got a lot of libtard NOVA transplants during the housing boom that want a small town to come up to "city" standards that tend to be a pain. Conversely we got some good ones too. I guess it's a wash.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Used to be good people here, now unfortunately most are bags of douche!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:29:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Mostly miserable, corpulent, self centric, liberal, pro-union, under-educated, semi-illiterate fucktarded pieces of human dog shit.

There.  I feel a little better.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, if stereotypes aren't verboten and we can still make judgments based on how people look, a picture (or pictures) is worth a thousand words:

http://www.kfdm.com/sections/slideshow/?id=7497571

Good ol' boys all over the place.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I live in South Central Austin. My neighbors used to be a bunch of hippies that smoked dope, and were great people who kept their nose out of your business. Now, they've all moved out, and Californians and New Yorkers have replaced them. They want their nose in your business. They want HOA's, and to make this place like the one they left.

There are a lot more conservatives here in Austin than you guys would think. One of the largest gun shops in the south is here (McBrides).

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Mostly Southern Red Necks and Mountain Folk.  There are a few hippies, but mostly the white, baptist, working class.  We also have our fair share of welfare and drugs.  There are 45k people in the county so we are pretty rural.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#37]
My name is Red Dragons and I hail from the land of Awesome World. I am here to FSU.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#38]
My immediate AO?  I am in a union town full of libtards.
Ironically, our local paper is one of the most conservative
you'll find anywhere.
Lots of handout takers, but lots of hard workers too.
People are not as friendly here as other parts of the state.

Things have gotten worse in CO, especially up north in the real
'front range' with the Kalifornian immigration and their liberal agenda.
There is actually a book out called 'The Californication of Colorado'.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#39]
If you don't count the idiot Liberals running the city, the influx of New Yorkers, and the religious zealots trying to run everyone else's life, our area is pretty much full of good, honest people.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:04:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My name is Red Dragons and I hail from the land of Awesome World. I am here to FSU.

DO you put your balls on it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Lots of white trash, ladies of the evening, pimps with a couple pockets of good down to earth retired senior citizens who moved into the area before it became the way it is today.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Stupid.
And angry.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:12:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO you put your balls on it?

YES I DO!! Hell yeah a fellow Red Dragon and ARFCOMer!!! Red Dragons to you sir!
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Union democrap assholes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I live in the Charlotte area.  25 years ago, it was a fine city.

In the last 15 to 20 years we've been invaded by hordes of  yankees so things have gone downhill.

Subdivisions galore and horrible traffic.

This area used to be solidly Republican but the libtard yankees, who ruined their states then left,  have changed the political landscape.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Being not far from a college town, we get the true left/right dichotomy:  A city full of libtards and libtard-wannabes all living on glorified welfare, while the countryside is mostly hard working conservatives who pay out the nose in taxes.  There are more than a few libtard professor types who are moving out into the countryside (and subsequently complaining to the country sheriff's dept when someone fires a gun), but the farther you get from the city the better it is.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Small (150+ people) ranching/small farming community here (nearest town is about 30 miles away); most mind their own business but if you need help, people will pitch in - nice.  Almost everyone here carries (either pistol or long rifle) and at times it seems odd to not see a firearm.  
Moved from El Paso (one of the true shit holes of the world) to Las Cruces NM (nice place with a laid back lifestyle) to my current AO - couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Mostly thugs and rednecks. There are a few of us normal people too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We're all just "Big City" Thinkers round these parts.

This reminds me of a story...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top