Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2011 7:13:41 PM EDT
‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." ~Martin Luther King Jr

They used it defending OBL
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are they on your friends list?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
one of my "friends" on there has that quote and I replied with this...he was not a human being, he was a cockroach that was finally stomped out after ten years. if anything, we gave him mercy by just throwing his worthless carcass into the ocean and not bringing him back here and spitting on him like he was Mussolini.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Startin to ask myself the same thing...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell her the sun seemed pretty damn bright today...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
one of my "friends" on there has that quote and I replied with this...he was not a human being, he was a cockroach that was finally stomped out after ten years. if anything, we gave him mercy by just throwing his worthless carcass into the ocean and not bringing him back here and spitting on him like he was Mussolini.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

This.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell

"Pacifism without consequences is a luxury that can only be indulged in by those living in a free, socially-tolerant, and wealthy society that posseses a strong military and leaders who are willing to visit harm on others to keep it that way." - Vaux
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure - Mark Twain
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell

Very fitting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#13]
“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”
– Cooper vs. Terrorism
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile — hoping it will eat him last.

We all dream of a world of sunshine, happiness, and peace. The problem is...half of people think it sounds like a wonderful place to live, the other half think it sounds like a wonderful place to pillage.

Some of my present favorites.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." ~Martin Luther King Jr

Pretty much irrefutable in my book.

No one over here is celebrating, at least not openly...just a "finally" and back at it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#16]
That wasn't MLK.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That wasn't MLK.

NOW I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No one over here is celebrating, at least not openly...just a "finally" and back at it.

this.  I'm not sure what it is about the quote you want to trump.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]
To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
Ronald Reagan
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
"He's dead Jim".

Dr. Leonard McCoy
USS Enterprise

My favorite applicable quote.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#21]
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the friend religious?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. -Matthew 10:34
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea, as I walk through the valley of shadows, I fear no man, cuz I'm the meanest mother fucker around.-ME
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Your friend had 10 years to love Osama out of hiding.

We were tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

MLK would have shot face shot OBL with his .38.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#27]

"I do believe that, where there is only a
choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence....I
would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour
than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless
witness to her own dishonour
."

Mahatma Gandhi
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/out-of-osamas-death-a-fake-quotation-is-born/238220/

MLK didn't say that. Someone made it up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Dear Martin Luther King Jr.,
I have a dream within a dream within a dream within another dream... What now?
Sincerely,
Leonardo DiCaprio
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I Samuel 15:3. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Sometimes, even the Author of life and love votes for death.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
‎"[red]I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy.[/red] Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." ~Martin Luther King Jr

Whether its right or wrong, I have to admit that I rejoice in the fact that he is brought to justices for the crimes he committed. That being said, I wont be throwing a OBL is dead party.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell

"Pacifism without consequences is a luxury that can only be indulged in by those living in a free, socially-tolerant, and wealthy society that posseses a strong military and leaders who are willing to visit harm on others to keep it that way." - Vaux

I can't find that quote anywhere, can you source it for me?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Post a video of an AQ beheading.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#34]

It is better by noble boldness to run the risk of being subject to half
of the evils we anticipate than to remain in cowardly listlessness for
fear of what might happen.
-Herodotus

In soft regions are born soft men.
-Herodotus

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#35]
my grandma (who is a hippie lol ) put this!!!!

"So, here's the REAL quote: "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence and toughness multiples toughness in a descending spiral of destruction." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr."
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"So, here's the REAL quote: "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence and toughness multiples toughness in a descending spiral of destruction." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr."

A muzzle flash gives light.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
HAHA awesome quotes.. and added the fact MLK didnt even say that? priceless.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife's cousin utter this bullshit last night on her FB wall:

I do not celebrate death. Death does not bring peace. Murder does not make history...diplomacy does...and i will not celebrate until diplomacy is made.

It went quickly downhill from there.  She is now no longer welcomed at said cousin's house and was also unfriended by the cousin's mom (her aunt).  Fuck 'em.  Two less idiots I have to deal with cordially at future family gatherings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Add to that that MLK applied for a CCW, had armed guards around his house, and owned guns and it all becomes rather sad in a  comical fashion.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add to that that MLK applied for a CCW, had armed guards around his house, and owned guns and it all becomes rather sad in a  comical fashion.

He almost sounds like a conservative Republican.............Oh Wait.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He almost sounds like a conservative Republican.............Oh Wait.

HAHA this
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell

Check the cite and then check my user name.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That wasn't MLK.

NOW I'm in.

Linkie
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
"War is like sports, you're supposed to cheer when the home team scores"  -EngageTangos

Edited for more better english, in case it becomes famous lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"War is like sports, your supposed to cheer when the home team scores"  -EngageTangos

i like this allot!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#46]
just reply with this

"We're climbin' in your windows, we're snatchin' yo people up!" - US Navy Seals
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You monkeys have names?

It doesn't help that the name Vaux pulls up all sorts of stuff.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Tagscribe for all the great quotes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

and yet... WW2 destroyed 2 of the most violent and hateful regimes in history followed by the longest period of peace in europe in centuries..

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You monkeys have names?

It doesn't help that the name Vaux pulls up all sorts of stuff.

Meh.  I'm a First World War history buff, particularly interested in the Battle of Verdun.  Read about the taking of Fort de Vaux.  It's quite an awe-inspiring tale of hardship and courage.  My heritage is half French but, while I'm known to throw out the "surrender monkey" tag at today's crop of Frogs, they weren't always neutered.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top