Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 6:53:30 PM EDT
Is there anything you guys have used that works really well? Is gunbroker worth it? I have an ad in the EE, but besides that and gunbroker, what else do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a Local "Swap Sheet" in your area? We have one around here, you can list anything you want. Cost .50 or .75 to pick up a copy anywhere newspapers are sold.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Local gun internet forum.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What's your goal regarding the sale?

Get rid of it fast, or get the most money you can for it?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well a new goal in life is to see a cow fly like in your avatar.

But back to the point...if I could get a lot out of it I'd love to but I'd rather sell it in the next week or two if possible. I'm not looking for a sell at any costs though, I've checked the buyback program from budsgunshop and won't go that low. So I'm a little in between
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well a new goal in life is to see a cow fly like in your avatar.

But back to the point...if I could get a lot out of it I'd love to but I'd rather sell it in the next week or two if possible. I'm not looking for a sell at any costs though, I've checked the buyback program from budsgunshop and won't go that low. So I'm a little in between

then putting ads out anywhere you can, networking, asking friends to ask their friends if anyone might be interested in it... are all ways to improve chances of selling it quickly at a price you can accept.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
ebay
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]

You have to be creative...

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Haha what do you suggest? I like the sound of this
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have a decrotive flower pot with a pic of a glockolia,which is 19 dollars plus around 425 shipping cost.

If I can't sell to someone I know, I put it on consignment at a local gun shop.  Fee is around $50 but its to easy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a decrotive flower pot with a pic of a glockolia,which is 19 dollars plus around 425 shipping cost.

If I can't sell to someone I know, I put it on consignment at a local gun shop.  Fee is around $50 but its to easy.

I like the idea, but it isn't the posting that I want to accomplish so much as the selling. Does anyone actually find your glockolia and want to buy it?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
In an alley way.

Or never.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the idea, but it isn't the posting that I want to accomplish so much as the selling. Does anyone actually find your glockolia and want to buy it?

I guess you post it in the gun section.  But I was just clowning, never sold one on CL.  I'm sure some here have.  The consignment idea is good though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The gun market (aside from Browning Abolts, Savage bolt guns, and Simmons optics) in midwestern Wisconsin largely consists of me and 3 other guys, so EE and Gunbroker are always my best bet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Backpage.com

I sold an AR lower in about an hour.

Met at a parking lot, made the deal.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#17]
sturmgewehr of course.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Gunbroker. Take lots of pictures, factor in the fee ( not much really , 5% of whatever is under $25, and 2.5% over that )

and if you price it fair, not ultra high like many do ( which will sell in no market, unless you find a dumb ass ) it will sell eventually.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard you could sell it at a NY school for like 3 bucks!!!

Id try there first
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is there anything you guys have used that works really well? Is gunbroker worth it? I have an ad in the EE, but besides that and gunbroker, what else do you guys recommend?

Carry it around at a gun show.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I heard you could sell it at a NY school for like 3 bucks!!!

Id try there first

Shit. Thats a really long walk...maybe I can hitch hike and get rides at gun point on the way there, but once I sell it I'm effed

But to the other suggestions, thanks. I posted an ad on backpage, gunlistings, midwestguntrader, and the EE. I'm still debating gunbroker, I may see if I can get anything on these others first to avoid the fee and the hassle of shipping. Any other suggestions and I'm all ears...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've sold my guns through this site and through backpage.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry it around at a gun show.

Unfortunately there aren't any in my area until end of June and even then I'll be out of town. Will they buy on the spot or is it more just to make arrangements?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top