User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 5:57:32 PM EDT
Tell me about your first gun?
How did you get it?
What is the story behind it?
Do you still have it?
pictures would be nice if you have them

To get it started... my first gun that I could personally call mine was a .243 Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter Brush with a Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14. This gun was given to me by my father-in-law for Christmas. Of course I still have it
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Single shot 22.

Uncle gave it to me for my 6th birthday, broken extractor, and I had to carry a screwdriver around with me everywhere I took it to pry the spent casings out. Made me a hell of a shot with irons.

Still got it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger P90 at the Craven County gun show...

Traded it with a bunch of other guns for a Wilson CQB.. wish I still had the Wilson... :(
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Sears and Roebuck 12 gauge double barrel side by side.  My old man gave it to me when I wanted to go hunting with my friends.  I still have it and love it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
First pistol
Bernadelli .380

Traded it on a S&W 645.

Don't have that anymore either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
6 Years old.

Browning Sweet Sixteen from my Grandpa.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
My first gun was a Mosin Nagant 91/30.  My parents werent exactly gun friendly so I was never given anything so when I turned 18 I bought myself one.  

One hell of a gun for a first gun  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Kel-Tec P11 when I was off at college, the week I turned 21.  I loved it, but lost faith in it after a broken extractor and sold it after the warranty repair.  I then bought a FEG Hi-Power clone which was far less reliable.  

Traded the FEG towards a very lightly used G19, and I'm happy... but kinda wish the P11 was still in my safe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I got three... A Remington 870, Sistema 1911 and S&W Model 58 .41Mag. Inherited them from my grandfather when he passed. Only pic I have handy is of the Sistema....

Those three started the collection. It's more than quadrupled in size since then (5 years ago).
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Ruger 10/22, bought as a freshman in college. Bought it with every intention of buying a replacement stock for it to make it feel more like an AR since I couldn't afford one, but never got around to it. I just bought the AR instead thanks to you ass holes. And then proceeded to buy more guns. Still a fun guy to pull out and pop off some rounds
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Old Winchester .22 lr lever action that my great uncle left to me in his will. He used to take me shooting with it when I was quite young and he took good care of it. I still have it and still use it and I take care of it too.  It is the one gun I wouldn't sell for any price.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Ruger Model 77 in .270
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Tell me about your first gun?

How did you get it?

What is the story behind it?

Do you still have it?

pictures would be nice if you have them

To get it started... my first gun that I could personally call mine was a .243 Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter Brush with a Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14. This gun was given to me by my father-in-law for Christmas. Of course I still have it

Original Ithaca hammerless 12 gauge side by side. I don't know the model name, but it is old, well used, and has always been in my family.
My father gave it to me in the 90's, it was my grandfathers before my father had it.

The only story I can think of is that it has taken many ducks and doves in S. America and Brasil... until the UN messed with Brasil's hunting laws

I still have it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top