Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 5:47:04 PM EDT
So I have a Droid X through Verizon. I downloaded a new texting program the other day. I think it's called Handcent. Anyway, now when a text comes in, it pops upm on the new program and the original texting program. I've tried everything I can think of, but can not figure out how to disable the old program. Any advise for my dumb ass?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn off notifications in your os notification settings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Or go to the original text messaging program settings and disable notifications.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay. I did that. Will that stop the messages from popping up on my screen as well. I assumed that was just for the sounds. I should be getting a text soon, so I guess I'll know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Go into the original Text Messaging Program, hit the left most button of the 4 main buttons, go to Settings.  Change Notification to OFF.  Handcent settings are not affected by the original program settings.  If you need more help, let me know.'

<––-major user of Droid X apps and ROMs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool. I think I got it. Thanks guys. GD is mostly full of miscreants and assholes, but you guys are top notch.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool. I think I got it. Thanks guys. GD is mostly full of miscreants and assholes, but you guys are top notch.

I'm still a miscreant and an asshole, but you're quite welcome if we helped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top