Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 1:09:18 PM EDT
Can't get it to idle or run full thottle. Rebuilt carbs, has good compression and new plugs. Ran fine after carb rebuild at full thottle for 10 minutes but never idled right. If I keep hitting the electric choke it will idle.

When I try to run full thottle it acts like it's running at half thottle with a muffled thumping sound coming from the engine.

Whats a feller to do?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to see if there's a plastic part that has "melted" due to ethanol in the starter solenoid. I remember guys bitching about the same problems Johnson's around that time period.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you change the carb jetting?It sounds like its running lean.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Water in Fuel  pluged fuel filter Or U stll have shit in the Carbs
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is it.  Make sure those jets are clean.  I had trash in mine and the same symptoms occurred.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same jets that were in it just cleaned and reinstalled.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My next thought would be air leak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top