Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 12:50:52 PM EDT
in my cab last night sniveling about how the republicans are going to spin OBLs death as a Bush victory when it is rightfully Obamas
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]

I have that thought at least twice a night
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Bush's policies at work.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who tries to make OBL's death a (R) or (D) thing is a moran.

It's an American thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

yep there was a standing order to kill that bastard since 9/11 2001 and it was an order BY THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE.  There isn't a president alive that would say no to that.  (even clinton would have said yes THIS TIME)
If you have to narrow it down who gets credit figure out which spook did the leg work in locating him and the team that did the raid and killed him.  Everyone involved in that process should get a raise for a job well done.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's an American thing.

Thats kinda what I said, my argument did not go over well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

that's because they are desperate for something to make people like Obama.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an American thing.

it's just unrealistic.  whoever was sitting in the oval office would get the credit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

in my cab last night sniveling about how the republicans are going to spin OBLs death as a Bush victory when it is rightfully Obamas

I've been seeing that same statement splattered all over the web. And while I haven't heard from the hippie liberal side of my family yet, I'm sure that I'll be hearing much more down the road.

The way I see it, it's not Obamas' victory and it's not Bushs' victory. That belongs solely to the men and women who have or had their asses on the line overseas since September 11th; along with the families and loved ones left behind.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

An American victory for sure, but you have to be nuts to think that the Obama administration is prosecuting this war with the same intensity that the Bush administration did.  Bush was extracting intel from terrorists at Gitmo using the "Perrier Spritz", Obama wanted to end that shit and close the joint down.  I give full credit to Bush, our military and spooks.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

Don't be naive, this will hurt Republicans' chances of defeating Obama.  

No it won't There is a year and a half between now and then along with all the problems, the economy, and other dumbass things Zero will do between now and then. In '92 when Bush Sr. was president he got a 90% approval rating after Gulf 1 and he STILL lost to Clinton because of the economy.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Not unless he was involved in the op like the president in ID4

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's an American thing.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

Horseshit.

OBL will be a non-issue.  For several reasons.  

1)  It's 1 1/2 years to election.  Americans can't remember what last weeks headlines were.
2)  OBL being offed is a victory for everyone.
3)  There are things that matter every single day that affect voters.  Gas and food prices come to mind.
4)  (R)'s won't win anyway if they put up a RINO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an American thing.

An American victory for sure, but you have to be nuts to think that the Obama administration is prosecuting this war with the same intensity that the Bush administration did.  Bush was extracting intel from terrorists at Gitmo using the "Perrier Spritz", Obama wanted to end that shit and close the joint down.  I give full credit to Bush, our military and spooks.  

Obama IS taking the war further than Bush ever did.

More troops.  More drones.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

I agree, they will keep this at the forefront, as another Obama victory, and another Bush failure. Right up to election night!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Obama wouldn't even have a briefing with the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the first six months of his term in office,

and regards any involvement with military personnel as a deeply distasteful task to be dodged and delayed as long

as possible.   I think he met with the JCS TWICE in his first year,  vs. weekly for every other President in recent history.

It's not BECAUSE of Obama that we got Osama, but IN SPITE OF HIM.

Only an UTTER fool would connect Osama's death with anything that Obama has done in support of that goal.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#25]
They better hope the economy improves and gas prices go down.............people have short memories and even shorter attention spans

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's an American thing.

I agree, they will keep this at the forefront, as another Obama victory, and another Bush failure. Right up to election night!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Rush L. said it best today

"President Obama has done something extremely effective and when he does, this needs to be pointed out. President Obama has continued the Bush policies of keeping a military presence in the Middle East. He did not scrub the mission to get Bin Laden.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
We must give credit where credit is due. We all owe a great debt of gratitude to Obama. After all it was Obama who inherited all that intelligence.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#28]
DEVGRU and our Intelligence services got this done. Credit lies with them.

The only thing any President could take credit for was to let them off the leash to go get the job done.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#29]
wait a minute I have been letting all of Obama's muslim terrorists buddies that OBL death was all Obama's doing and no one else can get credit for it, was I wrong?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top