Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 11:49:39 AM EDT
For sale on another forum is a .40 cal. Llama Minimax for $200.  Needs a new rear sight as the current owner buggered it all to hell.

Buy or run the fuck away?  I know Llama's have a pretty bad rep but are they really that bad?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
run Forest run
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Total crapola.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The newer, newest Llama pistols are generally crap.  I have a MicroMax 380 right here and can tell the steel is very soft.  The slide stop notch on the slide is peened pretty badly, though it still functions.  Haven't shot it in years tho.

The really OLD Llama stuff (from the 60s and 70s, IIRC) is pretty decent, but the newer stuff is not very good at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So, they have earned their rep as a POS.

Good to know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You have been warned! Don't come back in a few weeks complaining about the POS pistol you bought. Doesn't it strike you as funny that by this point in your thread you don't have a bunch of  "I have one and it eats everything" guys posting?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought an 1911 style LLAMA for about $50 a long time ago.  It was kept of a fishing boat and was a rusty mess.

Cleaned it, stripped it, put some parts in it, and coated it with Norrel's moly resin.

It shot like shit, jamed every shot, until I reshaped the external extractor and added a stronger extractor spring.    Since then, its been a decent pistol –– hasn't jammed at all.   But I just use it at the range if I've got a friend coming and need an extra pistol.  Wouldn't trust my life to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top