Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 10:40:17 AM EDT
My facebook news feed is has been popping up all kinds of videos of celebrations from Morgantown last night.  It's a nice contrast to all the negative statuses I've been seeing.

WVU is a notoriously rowdy school and I was glad to see them celebrating. It's good to know that there are still some universities where it is cool to be proud of America...even if a few people went home with some fireworks related injuries

(Can someone please embed these for me)

Morgantown celebrations

Celebrations from a different view

High Street was even going to town!!

High Street Celebrations
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the finer reasons to burn a couch. I love Morganhole
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of folks celebrating in Dearborn too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Welp, looks like the school and police department are trying to ID and punish the celebratory firestarters. I wish they'd cut them some slack. It's been a tradition since at least the 70's. I think the best solution would be to put some round-abouts in the road with giant fire-pits in the middle. Then they wouldn't have to start them in the streets.

DA Article
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Phillies vs. Mets game.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#6]
All the players: "WTF"

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My facebook news feed is has been popping up all kinds of videos of celebrations from Morgantown last night.  It's a nice contrast to all the negative statuses I've been seeing.

WVU is a notoriously rowdy school and I was glad to see them celebrating. It's good to know that there are still some universities where it is cool to be proud of America...even if a few people went home with some fireworks related injuries

(Can someone please embed these for me)

Morgantown celebrations

Celebrations from a different view

High Street was even going to town!!

High Street Celebrations

Our generation's V-J Day. Wish I could have been there, but watching the news with my family in San Diego was good, too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top