Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 8:12:28 AM EDT
In 2 months I have to give back my work phone (Crackberry on Verizon) and actually have to get a new phone for the first time in close to 5 years.

I am gonna go with Sprint as for the money and what I will be doing with the phone it is about the best deal my my judgement.

So far the EVO is tops on my list followed by the EVO Shift. I do not know much about any of the other smart/android/touchscreen phones that Sprint offers and really all I know about the EVO is from playing with my buddies and his wifes EVO Shifts, which are pretty slick. I dont think that I actually need the slide out keyboard as the touch screen one seems to be pretty good, at least to me.

Anyone have any other suggests for phones on Sprint or am I pretty much looking at the best of the group out of the gate?

Thanks
J-

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The evo is about a year old right now. it was sprints flagship phone, but thats due to change, they have announced a few new models coming soon. Also rumors of sprint doing away with their wimax version of 4gh and going to LTE. The evo is a nice device but the battery sucks, i get 12 hours max with light use, and much less in areas with poor signal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
EVO
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Evo 4g will blow you away if you're coming from a Blackberry. I wouldn't worry about "falling behind" with one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd wait and get the evo 3d.

That phone looks badass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd look at the Samsung Epic 4G.

I went with the Epic due to the keyboard and I have to say, I love the phone.  I'm not a phone geek, but I really have no complaints with it at all.   Well, I guess the battery life could be better, but I just bought another battery and charger.  Problem solved.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Typically sprint seems to release some decent new phones in the summer. If you can hold out another 4-6 weeks you may have some better options. That's what I'm doing anyway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my Evo, that said its a year old and I'm hoping they release the Evo 3d soon, I will acquire it on launch day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Upcoming Spring phones: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/carriers/Sprint/upcoming

I'm waiting on the Mazaa, unless the other half's demand for an iPhone win and we jump to AT&T.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top