Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 7:37:11 AM EDT
Hold on to your butt's!!   I predict oil to be 125-135 by July!  Should put our gas prices around 7-8 bucks a gallon!  

ETA... News are saying oil is going to sky rocket cause of the scare of backlash from OBL's death!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing like wildly speculative doomin' and gloomin' to keep the party lively, huh?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Nothing like wildly speculative doomin' and gloomin' to keep the party lively, huh?

No shit.

Hey OP, go jump off a pier. Nobody needs more bad news speculation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Call us responsible, but some of us like to keep an eye on things while you party...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
When oil hit 140 a couple years ago, gas was around 4/gallon.  Why do you think it's gonna hit 7-8 at 135 per bbl.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When oil hit 140 a couple years ago, gas was around 4/gallon.  Why do you think it's gonna hit 7-8 at 135 per bbl.

I agree, maybe $5ish

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TARP
Stimulus
QE1
QE2
QE3 (coming to a printing press near you, early summer 2011!)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hold on to your butt's!!   I predict oil to be 125-135 by July!  Should put our gas prices around 7-8 bucks a gallon!  

ETA... News are saying oil is going to sky rocket cause of the scare of backlash from OBL's death!  

WTI is currently ~114.  How is a 10-20% increase in oil prices going to lead to a 100% increase in gas prices?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
That doesn't make sense.

Oil is $114 a barrel now, and gas is Just a tad over $4.

Why the hell would it double from a small increase?

EDIT: beat by mere minutes...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTI is currently ~114.  How is a 10-20% increase in oil prices going to lead to a 100% increase in gas prices?

Cause its like that show on Discovery about "Inspecting America" where the guy grabs a handful of rotten wood off a dock support pole (pier I guess) and the announcer says "This is what is defending our cities from the sea, this is our seawall" or however he says it.

Saying "this is what some of the supports look like under some of the docks on our coast" is no cause for alarm.  Terroristic poles degrading under our sea walls are RED PANIC ALARM type stuff.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#11]
oil stocks down right now, everyone is trying to spin it their way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call us responsible, but some of us like to keep an eye on things while you party...

So...

You have a plan to fix anything on the off chance that your unfounded anxiety actually pans out into anything substantial?

No?

Then pull up a seat, grab a beer, and chill out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Well gas did jump 14cents here over night. Had been going up only 5cents a jump prior.

Don't know if oil prices were moving or if it's jumping the gun because of OBL's killin'.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So...

You have a plan to fix anything on the off chance that your unfounded anxiety actually pans out into anything substantial?

No?

Then pull up a seat, grab a beer, and chill out.

can't hear ya, brah, I got a lampshade on my head and don't know where my pants went! Party on!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That doesn't make sense.

Maybe someone can explain how we are at pump prices akin to that when a berrel hit $147.00
(July '08 IIRC)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That doesn't make sense.

Maybe someone can explain how we are at pump prices akin to that when a barrel hit $147.00
(July '08 IIRC)

I have been wondering that same thing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top