Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 7:32:51 AM EDT
Who else was there? Post up your photos, stories and anything else you have.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
went sunday with my dad.  No pics.  Saw Gunny and the Cold Steel guy.  

Only guys I cared about were finger f*cking a SA TRP, SCAR, and Sig 556 Classic.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I went Friday-it was fantastic! Got to meet "The Gunny", and saw Jim Scouten from Shooting USA , Michael Bane from Shooting Gallery, SASS legend Evil Roy, and Wayne LaPierre. This show was like a walking wet dream for gunners-absolutely top-notch!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I went on Saturday, I was happy even though Keltec wasn't there one of the optics companys had the RFB there so now I want one a bit more. Oh and I got me a free zombie target from Birchwood Casey told my friend to grab one too but didnt want to carry it so we waited til we were leaving and they werent giving them away anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]

I was there Friday PM and Saturday AM.  I'm kinda glad we went on Friday because Saturday was JAMMED.  Lucky for us we had gone through about 75% of the main floor on Friday.  It was hard to get into displays on Saturday to handle stuff, whereas on Friday it was very easy to navigate the booths and handle whatever you wanted.  

Celeb-wise, I saw Gunny at the Glock booth and Ted Nugent as well, along with the two winners of Top Shot.  I don't watch Top Shot so somebody had to point them out to me.  I think I saw mfingar at LaRue's booth but I must have missed Bryan from AIM when I got to their booth.  

While there were tons of highlights, if you were shopping for a scope you were in a great situation.  Most of the manufacturers had dummy rifles set up with each scope from their lineup.  It's confusing enough to try and buy a scope these days; at the show you could basically try out any scope you wanted and compare the clarity of the optics at your leisure.  

I kinda wish I brought more cash as there were a lot of good show specials.  I bought some accessories but not much else, as I was flying back home and not checking any baggage.  I didn't want to go through the TSA body cavity search.    Lucky for me they didn't give me any hassle at the airport, even over the NRA 2011 commemorative LaRue dillo.

PS despite having been a resident of Pittsburgh many years ago, I didn't get my first Primanti Brothers' sandwich until this time around.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there Friday. I thought it was crowded as compared to Louisville a few years ago. It took all of 9:00am - 6:00pm for me to get through the complete show. I had a list of some things I wanted to handle - Nightforce 1-4 x 24, Vortex Viper PST 1-4, SCAR, ACR, Ruger SP101, ACOG's. A second day would have been helpful.  Didn't even know Ruger came out with a 10/22 25 round magazine until Saturday when I was reading thru my literature. It was a great show, I plan to be in St. Louis next year.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Any of you open carrying? I noticed a few others doing so on Saturday. I was packing a Colt New Service.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I went on Sunday.

I go to meet Ronnie Barrett.  My father and I got to talk to him for about 5mins.  He is a cool dude.

I got an autographed poster.  I will takes some pics tonight and post them.

The show was awesome.  I also got a NRA Larue Dillo.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone else go?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I went for a couple of hours on Friday morning. Parking was already pathetic... but the show was cool.

Got a good deal on a CT Laserguard, plus grabbed a couple of the new Ruger 30-rd factory mags for my 10/22. Also got to handle the Ruger/Gunsite Scout rifle and was impressed.

Complained to an FN rep about the coat-of-many-colors issue with the FDE SCAR and could tell he was not impressed

Collected a lot of swag (micro-Glock keychains, anyone) and actually bought a super-tactical BBQ apron, um I mean armorer's apron, from the Glock shop

Then went to the Monroeville gun show on Saturday morning and loaded up on German 7.62 battlepacks and some assorted other stuff. And I took my new SA MILSPEC to the range for the first time (no I did not use an Osama target LOL). A pretty good weekend I must say!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
A great show...
Met Don Rumsfeld when I bought his book, had Sunday breakfast with Wayne LaPierre at the Ring of Freedom meeting. Saw Oliver North and Ted Nugent and of course, The Gunny. Looking forward to St. Louis.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Went Saturday and Sunday. First time. It was awesome! Met Ted Nugent and seen the Gunny! Drooled all over acres of sheer tactical heaven!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top