BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 6:51:57 AM EDT
This just brings a smile to my face
I love this country

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Last picture is my favorite 'Celebration Pic'....

God Bless them
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife asked me a question I hadnt thought about.  How did the crowds gather so fast and all have banners and flags?  Where the hell does one buy American flags at midnight on a Sunday?
Someone blogged that the Whitehouse crowd had been organized by the Whitehouse from local colleges.  If you look at the pics and video they damn sure all look like young college kids.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Last picture is my favorite 'Celebration Pic'....

God Bless them

I agree wholeheartedly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife asked me a question I hadnt thought about.  How did the crowds gather so fast and all have banners and flags?  Where the hell does one buy American flags at midnight on a Sunday?
Someone blogged that the Whitehouse crowd had been organized by the Whitehouse from local colleges.  If you look at the pics and video they damn sure all look like young college kids.

GWU is about a half mile away from the White House, it started with just a few people outside, they showed it on CNN and people starting walking/running down the street.

Would you have to go buy a flag? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not sure if you are aware...but DC has alot of colleges and universities not to mention young employees/interns.
It was a Sunday night not during finals or spring break, so every one was probably in their room or nearby where a tv or computer was plugged in.
College students don't go to sleep at 8:30 pm.
News broke and spread rapidly around 10:30 or so. Facebook, twitter, etc.
By 11:45 there were videos of crowds cheering.

Where is the conspiracy?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GWU is about a half mile away from the White House, it started with just a few people outside, they showed it on CNN and people starting walking/running down the street.

But do you carry your flag and election banner with you?  I have a flag or two but I have a hard time thinking a bunch of liberal college kids have flags with them all the time.  What about the crowds in Times Square?  They had all kinds of flags and banners.  I just found it interesting and hadnt really thought about it till my wife mentioned it.
Hell, maybe people in this country are more patriotic then I thought and keep a flag with them at all times.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if you are aware...but DC has alot of colleges and universities not to mention young employees/interns.
It was a Sunday night not during finals or spring break, so every one was probably in their room or nearby where a tv or computer was plugged in.

Where is the conspiracy?

Yeah.  Word spreads pretty damn fast on college campuses.

I just want to know where Lycra flag suit man got his super suit.  That's not something your average dude just has around the house.  

ETA: As for "liberal college dudes," yes, that's true.  But remember, they're liberal college dudes that ALSO want to get a job in the US State Department.  That, and there are a lot of conservative college kids around here, too.  Small in terms of percentage, perhaps, but quite numerically significant.  So...  The flags and banners make perfect sense.  Lycra flag body suit man...  I don't know about that guy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the conspiracy?

I am not saying there is a conspiracy, just that it is interesting they all showed up organized and with flags.  If those college kids keep American flags in their dorm rooms then I am impressed by them and there may be hope for this country.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If those college kids keep American flags in their dorm rooms then I am impressed by them and there may be hope for this country.

I did.

Not every young person is an America hater.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If those college kids keep American flags in their dorm rooms then I am impressed by them and there may be hope for this country.

I did.

Not every young person is an America hater.

I have a Capitol-flown flag and a Gadsden in mine.  Some of us are good guys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the conspiracy?

I am not saying there is a conspiracy, just that it is interesting they all showed up organized and with flags.  If those college kids keep American flags in their dorm rooms then I am impressed by them and there may be hope for this country.

Almost every dorm room/college house I've ever been in has had at least 1 American flag.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#14]
The patriotism warms my heart.  I just hope it lasts.

I will not hold my breath
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The patriotism warms my heart.  I just hope it lasts.

I will not hold my breath

In a week we will be back to our usual folly...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#16]
When I was a pledge in my fraternity, one of my "jobs" was to raise the flag every day and bring it in at night.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But do you carry your flag and election banner with you?  I have a flag or two but I have a hard time thinking a bunch of liberal college kids have flags with them all the time.  What about the crowds in Times Square?  They had all kinds of flags and banners.  I just found it interesting and hadnt really thought about it till my wife mentioned it.
Hell, maybe people in this country are more patriotic then I thought and keep a flag with them at all times.

No, but if you were a college student, wouldn't they be in your dorm room or apartment?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top