Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 11:52:54 PM EDT
You have probably seen these where the seller puts up a stock photo of an item on their listing when they are really selling a different model of the item.

I'm having this issue now(~$60 item, not too big of a deal). I have read over Ebay policy for inaccurate listings and it seems like you can get a refund dependent on Ebay's "investigation". Anyone have experience with this process or any veteren Ebay people who know the policy better than I do?

*Atleast I did not get an empty box like that one guy on here liked to mail out......*
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Paypal would refund your money if you get ripped off. Read the paypal terms on their website.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Notify PayPal that the item you bought was "Significantly Not As Described", (SNAD), and that you want a refund. They will immediately put a hold on the seller's account, and will refund your money as soon as you send the item back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, not as described.

I won't usually consider buying anything without seeing clear, detailed photographs, of all sides.

For example...

People have been burned on estate pipes that had burnout clear through, and the sellers just won't show the burnt side.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top