Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:07:07 PM EDT
I'm sure Pakistan knew nothing right?

Pretty bad we have to go in without telling them so they don't leak it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
coordinates of compound?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

Not to look a "gift horse" and all that - but never really considered the Paki's to be such wonderful allies of the US - despite what Obongo says.  Chances are it was some goat herder who pointed out to the CIA...."yeah, he's over there."
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

thats SOP for most states like pakistan...
they cant be trusted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It was in a wealthy neighborhood. People probably let the rich people who owned it do whatever they wanted to and didn't let themselves think anything of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

According to what I am seeing on the news, they took off from a Paki air base, so how would the Pakis not know?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to what I am seeing on the news, they took off from a Paki air base, so how would the Pakis not know?

Wait, are you saying that he traveled to the house from a Paki air base?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Also heard 40 min raid and no Pakistan response to even see what's going on.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if it was built with all the billions we were sending the
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Al-Jazeera stating 5 dead total including one of his sons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Too bad they didn't catch him alive.  That would have been awesome to see him swing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Too bad they didn't catch him alive.  That would have been awesome to see him swing.

not sure if serious

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Fuck that, you shoot someone like Osama on sight cause you might never get another chance. Besides this wasn't a police action. We weren't going after him to arrest him so we could bring him before a judge and let lawyers play their silly games. We were hunting him down to murder his terrorist ass.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that, you shoot someone like Osama on sight cause you might never get another chance. Besides this wasn't a police action. We weren't going after him to arrest him so we could bring him before a judge and let lawyers play their silly games. We were hunting him down to murder his terrorist ass.

I would have been content with setting him on fire.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
any links to video of the compound?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

not sure if serious

"HOW" do we know he's REALLY DEAD???

Because Obama SAYS SO????

For all we know, he could be on a 737 to Somewhereistan, where they're warming up Ole' Sparky.....

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's because they were never trying very hard. They wanted him to live forever so they can continue to extract aid money from us.

Here is a Pakistani anti terrorism operation HQ conducted in... you guessed it: Abbottabad.

The name of the Pakistani "anti-terrorism" OP? It was called FRIENDSHIP... supposedly for working with China, but more appropriate because they have probably been protecting OBL the whole time.

Either that or they are total idiots because he was right under their nose!

"Osama Bin Laden... where?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have been content with setting him on fire.

I'd have preferred it if we had taken him alive and had some guys go at him with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. 5 dead and a hole or holes in the head will have to do though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm sure once the mission was underway we went "oh by the way, gonna be some shooting tonight.... yea, just ignore it kthx"

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Why should they have cared?? It wasn't their problem!

Also, it's not like the US would ever pay a fucking dime of the reward money anyways, we're pretty much the worst people in the world for keeping any kind of promise.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I always thought Bin Laden was in Iran.  That's where I would go.  But Bin Laden felt secure in Pakistan?   Uh....hey guys who are we fighting, what is the agenda and is the goal here?

Pakistan.  Christ.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It was in a wealthy neighborhood. People probably let the rich people who owned it do whatever they wanted to and didn't let themselves think anything of it.

So Pakistan is freer than the U.S.?

No fucking HOA's????

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#23]

"Osama is right down the street... here. Got a spankin nice pad too."
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:02:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Would have never happened.  He needed to be DRT.

It avoided the media circus and the gnashing of teeth by many on the left.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, someone DID go 'hmmmm', hence he got shot in the face.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#27]

that's the center of Abbottabad, not his compound

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:06:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I always thought Bin Laden was in Iran.  That's where I would go.  But Bin Laden felt secure in Pakistan?   Uh....hey guys who are we fighting, what is the agenda and is the goal here?

Pakistan.  Christ.

Last night, on the TV news, several people who should know said he was in Iran at least part of the time we were hunting him.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I just nicked the images from somewhere else. Not sure where they got the info from.

However, Google maps says that the centre of Abbottabad is slightly further away.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:12:38 AM EDT
[#30]
The Pakis are even more discusting in my mind than they were yesterday what with finding ABL living a hour away from the capital. The whole F' ing country should be turned to glass.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:14:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just nicked the images from somewhere else. Not sure where they got the info from.

However, Google maps says that the centre of Abbottabad is slightly further away.

it's too far away from the Paki Military Academy

I'm thinking this might be the compound

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm sure Pakistan knew nothing right?[img]

If you have ever been to a 3rd world country these are not uncommon.  Anyone with money will have a walled compound with wire and usually armed guards.  

Not out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:23:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Why should they have cared?? It wasn't their problem!

Also, it's not like the US would ever pay a fucking dime of the reward money anyways, we're pretty much the worst people in the world for keeping any kind of promise.

Great time to rag on your country, I'm very impressed

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

it's too far away from the Paki Military Academy

I'm thinking this might be the compound

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2742/oblcompound.jpg

Ahh, I see. The building in your pic does indeed seem more like a compound. Hopefully we get more info soon.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#37]
First things first, kudos to you guys for decoding the OP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:54:09 AM EDT
[#39]
To the military guys.......is there any chance this was videotaped?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Would not surprise me to find out that there are compounds like this all over Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. just for Bin Laden.

We need to find out who did the building and who did the financing.

Extremely dumb of Bin Laden to allow his courier and their family to live there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Bank on it...

Whether or not any of it is ever declassified and released to the public is another matter.

Can't wait for the book, though. 99% chance there will be one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:25:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was watched in real-time at Langly so I would think it was recorded.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:26:29 AM EDT
[#43]
F Pakistan!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:27:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We'vev known for years that Pakistan's military and intelligence services are like Swiss cheese.  Positively riddled with al-Quaeda sympathizers, adherents, members, tribal relations...

Pakistan is not our ally.  Their government pretends to be to get money from us, but they're as much our enemy as Afghanistan ever was.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:33:06 AM EDT
[#45]

dude i had to raff at that

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'vev known for years that Pakistan's military and intelligence services are like Swiss cheese.  Positively riddled with al-Quaeda sympathizers, adherents, members, tribal relations...

Pakistan is not our ally.  Their government pretends to be to get money from us, but they're as much our enemy as Afghanistan ever was.

97% of the population is Islamic. Who woulda ever though they would have picked playing for the other team?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#47]
From what I read on AP this morning, we were aware of the compound for 5 years, but had no verification that it was Osama living in there.  Some of our detainees over the years told us that Osama had a trusted courier that if we found him, we'd find Osama.  We found the courier five months ago coming and going from that compound.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Col. David Hunt began beating that drum as far back as 2001, both on TV and in his books (of course he wasn't the only one). I'll be very interested to see how this plays out in our relationship with Pakistan, but my sense is it won't change a single thing. Rather than being seen as an ally who let us down, I'm sure it will be spun by Obama as a group of Pakistani's that were pivotal in eventually finding and killing him. I guess both sides of that coin can be strongly argued.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Col. David Hunt began beating that drum as far back as 2001, both on TV and in his books (of course he wasn't the only one). I'll be very interested to see how this plays out in our relationship with Pakistan, but my sense is it won't change a single thing. Rather than being seen as an ally who let us down, I'm sure it will be spun by Obama as a group of Pakistani's that were pivotal in eventually finding and killing him. I guess both sides of that coin can be strongly argued.

I guarantee, the toughest part of this operation was getting the Pakis to sign off without dropping a dime.  I bet there was some serious arm-twisting going on behind the scenes.

I wonder how long it'll be before the protests start?  I mean, it's one thing for the CIA and Special Forces to be poking around in the western mountains.  But a military operation in one of their cities?  I couldn't blame them for getting nuts about that.  How would we feel if, say, it was revealed that we'd let the Mexican Army hit a "compound" north of the border for them to get some drug lord?  We'd go berzerk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#50]
It will be very interesting to see how Paki responds.  It sure looks like he's been at that location for awhile, and that certainly looks to be a 'hush hush, don't tell the Americans' kind of deal being so close to that military base.

But, as a few posts up says, I doubt it will change anything.  We 'need' the Pakis on our side, and apparently giving them tons of money is the only way to do it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top